Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote key fob / second hand car sale

JCessex

Hi all. Buying a second hand focus ST line 2017. The seller has stated only one key and has to get another before selling. 
this got me thinking with all the keyless entry thefts going on. Can you get the keys or the system reprogrammed so it’s unique to the keys I have. There could be someone out there with a key to my new motor 

Your key or keys are programmed to work only with your car. No-one else will have a key that could open your car (unless they get hold of one of your keys and clone it).

Hi Alan. Yea that’s my fear. If the car comes with 2 keys originally and now there’s only one. I wondering if Ford can reprogram me a new key and a new one unique to this car. So basically if the old (missing) key was ever attempted to be used it would not work? 

Nobody is going to be stealing a second hand focus st line buddy

• Haha 1

Hi, the answer to your problem is yes, you can delete old missing keys. The process if a little diffrent for each car model but a few minuiets on Google should give you the answer.

If you buy any used car and you have both keys how do you know that there is not more keys about ?

I recently found that I still had key number 3 belonging to a Galaxy that I sold 10 years ago!.

On most newer Fords (less than 10 years old) you can programme 'in' and delete 'out' keys yourself provided that you have at least two keys. The problem is that most people only ever had two keys and if one of them is lost then it has to be done via the OBDII port with a suitable computer.

Mate there are wankers everywhere. Especially in London where even if it’s nailed to the floor some c@nt will nick it 

Getting new keys programmed now. So any old ones will be redundant. Cheers for the responses 👍

Good luck with your new car. Pleased to know you are getting new keys.

On my last purchase the seller gave my the 3 keys she had for the car I bought from her.

Some weeks later I found out that the third key would not work.

The 3rd key that I had was for HER Focus and she had MY 3rd key. Still have it.

I did need a 3rd key so the local car key locksmith made me a dumb key and programmed it in for a very reasonable price. No plipping to open or lock but good enough for what I wanted.

ScaniaPBman.

4 hours ago, JCessex said:

Mate there are wankers everywhere. Especially in London where even if it’s nailed to the floor some c@nt will nick it 

Move then....

I can leave my car unlocked with the key inside and it would be there in the morning

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m50e30 said:

Move then....

I can leave my car unlocked with the key inside and it would be there in the morning

Nice one 👍

6 hours ago, unofix said:

Good luck with your new car. Pleased to know you are getting new keys.

Cheers mate. Good to know someone has something sensible to contribute. 
👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club