Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Master Cylinder replacement help!

JoanneBremner

Hello! I have been to a garage this morning and told my clutch master cylinder needs replacing as there is oil leaking into the footwell on the drivers side. 
I have been quoted £180 and it’s booked in for next Monday. I have been looking around online at clutch master cylinders, and after putting in my reg plate it obviously comes up with lots of options - ranging from £20 up to £380!! Can anyone tell me, what are the down sides of buying a cheaper part? The most popular price range is £35-50, could I go with this? And get someone to fit it for me and pay for labour? 
Any advice would be appreciated - I am desperate to do this as cheaply as possible, but don’t want to compromise on safety.

Many thanks, Joanne

£180 seems about right, probably a couple of hours labour and the cost of the part.  A cheap part might be made in China and if it broke soon after you there would be not be the responsibility of who fitted it.  

I agree the price is reasonable. Part say £40-£50, 2 hours labour at say £40-50 per hour then VAT on top. I would just go with it to be honest.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club