Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SYNC 2 upgraded to SYNC 3 - TSR Query

Kyutu

Hi all, I recently replaced my SYNC 2 system with a SYNC 3 unit that came pre-configured to my VIN's AsBuilt data and everything worked out of the box pretty much.

After a week I have noticed that the Traffic Sign Recognition feature is now only using the camera to update me on the current speed limit and is no longer falling back to navigation data when no sign has been spotted recently.  I understand there are folk who prefer this approach but personally I would much prefer the stock functionality that I had before I upgraded.

From the digging around that I have done so far I think I understand that I need to enable a "Fusion Mode" or possibly "SLOIF" function to enable the correct behavior is that correct?  And if so, I can't locate the above two options in FORScan.  My 706-01-01 reads 3FB0 2215 80  which apparently is the same as the AsBuilt from factory, is there a chance I have to update a firmware on one of the older modules to be fully compatible with the new SYNC 3 APIM or something to enable this feature?

I have reloaded the FORScan application without loading a previous profile to ensure everything was detected and i'm running out of ideas.

Thanks in advance for any hints that might help solve this little riddle!

Ford probably realised that their map data is so far out of date - even the last update is more than a year out of date, that speed limits have been reduced to 5 MPH and a man with a red flag and the Sat Nav still thinks its a 70 limit

Ford probably realised that their map data is so far out of date - even the last update is more than a year out of date, that speed limits have been reduced to 5 MPH and a man with a red flag and the Sat Nav still thinks its a 70 limit

You may be right, it's just a little strange having two empty circles on my HUD now when before there was at least a baseline speed of say 60 on a main road etc unless an actual sign was spotted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club