Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta - focus ST170 brake upgrade

zain611

I've started to look at upgrading my front brakes to ST170 ones on my fiesta zetec S. From what I've been told I will need to drill a 12mm hole for the carrier bolt and nothing else. 

Just a general question but how would you inspect calipers? I'm looking at viewing a pair of calipers from a guy breaking a ST170 and wanting a cheap price for the pair. Just need to sort a date out and get things clear before seeing them. 

53 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I've started to look at upgrading my front brakes to ST170 ones on my fiesta zetec S. From what I've been told I will need to drill a 12mm hole for the carrier bolt and nothing else. 

Just a general question but how would you inspect calipers? I'm looking at viewing a pair of calipers from a guy breaking a ST170 and wanting a cheap price for the pair. Just need to sort a date out and get things clear before seeing them. 

you want to make sure that the pistons move freely, the pistons haven't been damaged in anyway, the piston seals have not been damaged, the bleed nipple is on th ecalliper and not seized, and the there is no obvious signs of damage

• Like 1

Thanks neb. The guy sent me pictures and looks okay. Just curious why one caliper is blue and the other isn't

Screenshot_20210329-175924.png

Screenshot_20210329-175932.png

17 hours ago, zain611 said:

I would go and inspect them in-person before exchanging any money, as its a little suspicious that one is painted and the other isn't, also those pictures don't really tell you much about the actual condition of the callipers other than they are real

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club