Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus

Stephen123

26 minutes ago, steve67 said:

.. as the service manager told me.. the car these day have that many electronics, alarms, modem,keyless sensors etc running there is a constant drain in the battery, hence the need to charge the battery if not doing regular driving..also these batteries are not AGM but EFB..https://www.varta-automotive.com/en-gb/technology/start-stop-system.

As lve stated above. I believe our batteries should be AGM due to the electronics..

The main issue is that if the car isnt shutting down the modules as it should. This prevents it from going into sleep mode and therefore over a long time it drains the battery flat as it was in my case.

I have ctek mxs 10 battery charger and my focus has auto stop start which I think is a efb battery so when charging the battery do I put the mxs charger on normal battery program 

On 4/6/2021 at 5:51 PM, Stephen123 said:

Advice wanted Please share
Bought a car from Arnold Clark, Ford Focus 2ltr Diesel 2019 in August 2020. Since then with various faults it has been in the garage approx. 21 days. Each time they have had to recharge the battery. My husband spoke to the Service Manager Colin Weir who informed him that it was a crap engine and not suitable for our requirements I.e. Town driving, even though we do 80 miles every second or third day, this wasn't enough for the battery to regenerate and if we put the car in again we would be charged 120 pounds to charge the battery. I have spoken to the Sales Manager Chris Butcher who had never heard of this problem!! We have now had to purchase a trickle charger!! and still have several faults with the car.Does
anyone else have this problem?

Yes same hear 2019 focus 2ltr vignale, had a recall for the wiring loom to the engine last year and resulted in loads of electrical problems, its back into ford next week. for the 3rd time, battery flat all the time even after a 2 hour journey, a knocking from a box at from of engine when its all off?. its been a complete nightmare.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club