Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Insurance

fiesta_lad

Hi all i drive a fiesta 1.3i endure e engine 2001 on a 51 plate petrol. what it is iam in abit of a pickle over thrid party fire and theif and fully comp. i don't know which one to go for all tho i only drive a fiesta which is worth less than £2000 ive had a good couple of insurance quotes both fully comp and thrid party fire and theif and the TPF&T is comeing back very cheap for me has money this year is very tight and i want the cheapest i can get but i want to know which will best suit me.

Ive been TPF&T before on my 1992 clio when i first past my test and i found that ok but i know fully comp covers you on the lot winscreen etc but i don't know this year when to go with TPF&T what would you do if you had my car and was on a tight budget.

Thanks in advance alan.

Any advise please :)

TPF&T is fine...until you have an accident and god forbid a BAD one

Google both terms and read up.

PERSONALLY I would never insur myself TPF&T

Hi all i drive a fiesta 1.3i endure e engine 2001 on a 51 plate petrol. what it is iam in abit of a pickle over thrid party fire and theif and fully comp. i don't know which one to go for all tho i only drive a fiesta which is worth less than £2000 ive had a good couple of insurance quotes both fully comp and thrid party fire and theif and the TPF&T is comeing back very cheap for me has money this year is very tight and i want the cheapest i can get but i want to know which will best suit me.

Ive been TPF&T before on my 1992 clio when i first past my test and i found that ok but i know fully comp covers you on the lot winscreen etc but i don't know this year when to go with TPF&T what would you do if you had my car and was on a tight budget.

Thanks in advance alan.

If you have an accident that's deemed to be your fault or any other damage occurs to your car, then you could be out of pocket up to £2000 (i.e. a full write-off). If you have an accident that's someone else's fault, you'll need to claim off their insurance for your loss, so I'd strongly recommend having legal cover. In a hit-n-run you won't have anyone to claim from.

So it's a gamble - is it worth the saving vs risk. Could you afford to repair/replace the car yourself (I guess not)? Are you a "safe" driver? Could you get to work without a car?

-Antony.

If you have an accident that's deemed to be your fault or any other damage occurs to your car, then you could be out of pocket up to £2000 (i.e. a full write-off). If you have an accident that's someone else's fault, you'll need to claim off their insurance for your loss, so I'd strongly recommend having legal cover. In a hit-n-run you won't have anyone to claim from.

So it's a gamble - is it worth the saving vs risk. Could you afford to repair/replace the car yourself (I guess not)? Are you a "safe" driver? Could you get to work without a car?

-Antony.

I dont know what 2 do iam a safe driver don't drive fast stick to speed limits etc but i don't when to go for fully comp or TPF&F don't know.

I dont know what 2 do iam a safe driver don't drive fast stick to speed limits etc but i don't when to go for fully comp or TPF&F don't know.

The thing is, only you can decide. I can't decide for you nor can anyone else. All anyone can do for you is point out the benefits, of fully comp over TPFT, which the have, so decide.

With mine, i'm TPFT, simply because i know my car is worth about 38p, 3 buttons and a jelly tot to an insurance company.

But if i could afford it on a different car i'd definitely go fully comp :)

I am an 18 year old lad with a new Fiesta and my insurance is £2800 fully comp.

However the car was £10,000 so I wouldn't even dream of having TPF&T.

The same should apply to you - if you're insurance fully comp is around £1,000 then personally I think it is well worth having it.

I am an 18 year old lad with a new Fiesta and my insurance is £2800 fully comp.

However the car was £10,000 so I wouldn't even dream of having TPF&T.

The same should apply to you - if you're insurance fully comp is around £1,000 then personally I think it is well worth having it.

He stated in his original post that the car is worth les than £2000.

Personally, if it was me, I would never spend 50% or more of the cars worth on one years insurance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club