Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket DRL flickering

Rowan112

I have a ford focus mk3 2014 edge
image.thumb.png.815712e0a4e11c4054ef0ebf5a69acd6.png

I hope that you understand this rough diagram that i have done.

So I am experiencing flickering on my DRL, when my engine is on and my lowbeam is on.
they go dimmed when my lowbeam is on
I am suspecting it's flickering between dimmed and non dimmed.

any other setting, they do not flicker. it's only when engine and lowbeams are on.
They do not flicker when my engine is off, they also do not flicker when my lowbeam is off.
I have also noticed that they do not flicker when I take out my headlight from the loom and while engine is on.

So i am suspecting about the power and not about my wiring, I have tried to shake my loom to simulate engine vibration but it's not flickering. so it does not seem to be a connection issue.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32909260065.html These are the lights that i've bought

image.thumb.png.28b63753706907fa531f85481cbf4e6f.png

I would suspect they are flickering due to power draw, similar to how headlights go dim and bright when you have an audio system in your car on loud.

I would maybe try putting a capacitor between the the power cable and the lights.

The DRLs are trash and will fail very quickly. I went through 2 sets in 6 weeks. As above any other DRL I have had does include a capacitor in between like below969864456_Screenshot_20210508-1014452.thumb.png.519848826c239e52308669be52f272bf.png

And these don't. When I had ones like above and the capacitor got wet the DRL flickered until I replaced with another one.

what capacitor do you recommend to get? 

Do i attach it from the ground wire that comes from the drl module to the live wire that goes to the fuse box?

9 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Something like these a simple solution.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/XtremeVision-LED-Anti-Flicker-Capacitors/dp/B06WP6GCVZ

In line with the DRL like the above post.

yeah but i don't have a DRL like yours, i don't have foglights so i can't get those.

That should work with mine

That was just an example of where to place them 😁

15 hours ago, Rowan112 said:

I have a ford focus mk3 2014 edge
image.thumb.png.815712e0a4e11c4054ef0ebf5a69acd6.png

I hope that you understand this rough diagram that i have done.

So I am experiencing flickering on my DRL, when my engine is on and my lowbeam is on.
they go dimmed when my lowbeam is on
I am suspecting it's flickering between dimmed and non dimmed.

any other setting, they do not flicker. it's only when engine and lowbeams are on.
They do not flicker when my engine is off, they also do not flicker when my lowbeam is off.
I have also noticed that they do not flicker when I take out my headlight from the loom and while engine is on.

So i am suspecting about the power and not about my wiring, I have tried to shake my loom to simulate engine vibration but it's not flickering. so it does not seem to be a connection issue.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32909260065.html These are the lights that i've bought

image.thumb.png.28b63753706907fa531f85481cbf4e6f.png

i have install a set in to my focus what i did from side lights i used a relay with the trigger wire from the light and power cumin from car battery the problem is your ecu 

6 hours ago, douglasduane said:

i have install a set in to my focus what i did from side lights i used a relay with the trigger wire from the light and power cumin from car battery the problem is your ecu 

what relay did you use?

On 5/8/2021 at 12:00 PM, F0CUE said:

Something like these a simple solution.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/XtremeVision-LED-Anti-Flicker-Capacitors/dp/B06WP6GCVZ

In line with the DRL like the above post.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088M79YZC?psc=1
i bought these and installed them

I attached them to the Headlight wire and the ground wire that goes into the DRL module.
So far i have noticed it has not flickering but i'm going to test it at night so i can see it clearer.

I am just a little worried because i kept hearing that resistors gets really hot and can melt plastic but i see this is made out of plastic and does not warn about getting hot

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club