Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't find towbar electrical socket

Tabclear

HI all,

This is gonna sounds like a stupid question, sorry in advance. I bought a UK 2017 Edge a few months ago and it has a detachable tow bar installed. However I can't find any sockets for electrics to plug in to? I understand there should be a 7 or 13 pin socket somewhere? How do I know if the car has been configured for a trailer, parking sensors etc....?

Thanks

Is it swung up (sideways) out of view ... mine does!

If your electrics include a trailer ECU, then it will show a trailer symbol on your reversing camera when the trailer is plugged in. Have a look (search) on this forum, it's been discussed many times.

See advice-needed-for-fitting-tow-bar-and-electrics-on-edge

8 minutes ago, simonb65 said:

Is it swung up (sideways) out of view ... mine does!

If your electrics include a trailer ECU, then it will show a trailer symbol on your reversing camera when the trailer is plugged in. Have a look (search) on this forum, it's been discussed many times.

See advice-needed-for-fitting-tow-bar-and-electrics-on-edge

Thanks. Yeah I have seen that post and various others. I understand the a trailer symbol should appear etc... however that's not useful if I can't find the socket to plug in to in the first place. Can you advise a rough place I should be looking for it. Is it near the towbar, off near the wheels, down the sides. Not even sure what it is meant to look like. Can't find any photos of the socket in place on an actual Edge.

Thanks

Socket in it's down/usable position ... 

image.thumb.png.ff41662ab92208d6a1c28ced62a32d0e.png

Socket partly tucked away (showing direction of travel and the pivot point) ...

image.thumb.png.810aa629751b73fea2fad03f6a8d53f8.png

NOTE: When it's fully tucked away behind the rear bumper, you can't see it unless you get on the floor, you can only feel it!

• Like 1

Just now, simonb65 said:

Socket in it's down/usable position ... 

image.thumb.png.ff41662ab92208d6a1c28ced62a32d0e.png

Socket partly tucked away (showing direction of travel and the pivot point) ...

image.thumb.png.810aa629751b73fea2fad03f6a8d53f8.png

NOTE: When it's fully tucked away, you can't see it unless you get on the floor, you can only feel it!

You sir are a legend. Really appreciate you doing that, top man! I'm off to find it 😂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club