Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking

focus-pocus

Hey guys,

got a technical question regarding the central locking on me motor.

the remote battery is dead and i am waiting for a new one to be delivered, but....

the central locking works intermitantly when locking either of the front two doors. sometimes all doors lock, but sometimes only the door with the key in it.

aswell as that, the rear drivers side door does not register any locking or locking if the central locking does decide to work.

do you guys reckon that with a new battery, the whole system will decide to work properly? or do you think that it is knackered? lol

cheers in advance.

anyone have any ideas!?!??

andy

i doubt the battery will make mu difference to be honest it sounds like the rear motor has gone qand needs replaced if its not locking or unlocking can you hear the motor trying to work? quite possibly the intermittent lock is also ned ing a new motor as well

Yeah the motor works sometimes. if i had to put a number on it, i would say 1 in 6 locks the motors work.

its really weird, ill see what happens with a new battery, might work, might not, who knows.

Yeah the motor works sometimes. if i had to put a number on it, i would say 1 in 6 locks the motors work.

its really weird, ill see what happens with a new battery, might work, might not, who knows.

I have a similar problem too, seems to only happen in cold weather though! I've checked the battery on mine and the voltage is OK

Hey guys,

got a technical question regarding the central locking on me motor.

the remote battery is dead and i am waiting for a new one to be delivered, but....

the central locking works intermitantly when locking either of the front two doors. sometimes all doors lock, but sometimes only the door with the key in it.

aswell as that, the rear drivers side door does not register any locking or locking if the central locking does decide to work.

do you guys reckon that with a new battery, the whole system will decide to work properly? or do you think that it is knackered? lol

cheers in advance.

Your battery in your remote will not fix this problem, sounds to me like a faulty door latch which in turn is affecting the locking on all doors. Possibly d/s/f as this controls the other locks. You would be better leaving to a ford dealer to get it diagnosed

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club