Do Not Sell My Personal Information

auto gearbox service.

RGV

Hi, does anyone know if and when the auto g/box needs service/oil change and if so, the cost !!

Many thanks

On 9/7/2021 at 9:28 PM, RGV said:

Hi, does anyone know if and when the auto g/box needs service/oil change and if so, the cost !!

Many thanks

Any thoughts anyone. Ty

20 hours ago, MasterTechTip said:

It shouldn't need a service, they're "sealed for life"

Ty

• 1 month later...

They are allegedly sealed for life but the trans fluid is shot at 30,000 miles. Poor conditioned trans fluid causes shift performance issues. 

I would recommend changing every 30-40,000 miles 

Very, very important that you buy the correct fluid, Ecosport switched from Mercon LV to Mercon ULV half way through it's life, it's very important you use the correct fluid and do not mix LV with ULV.

There will be a label on the top of the gearbox somewhere that will sat Mercon LV or ULV.

The fluid isn't cheap, but you're only doing it every 30-40,000 miles

There is a drain plug on the bottom of the trans and it is filled through the breather tube on the top of the trans and the level is checked through the LH front wheel arch, once wheel is removed. You cannot change the filter without completely stripping down the gearbox and splitting the casings, that's why it's good to change the fluid regularly.

Plenty of videos on YouTube of how to do it, search for 6F15 fluid change

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 10:24 AM, DaveT70 said:

They are allegedly sealed for life but the trans fluid is shot at 30,000 miles. Poor conditioned trans fluid causes shift performance issues. 

I would recommend changing every 30-40,000 miles 

Very, very important that you buy the correct fluid, Ecosport switched from Mercon LV to Mercon ULV half way through it's life, it's very important you use the correct fluid and do not mix LV with ULV.

There will be a label on the top of the gearbox somewhere that will sat Mercon LV or ULV.

The fluid isn't cheap, but you're only doing it every 30-40,000 miles

There is a drain plug on the bottom of the trans and it is filled through the breather tube on the top of the trans and the level is checked through the LH front wheel arch, once wheel is removed. You cannot change the filter without completely stripping down the gearbox and splitting the casings, that's why it's good to change the fluid regularly.

Plenty of videos on YouTube of how to do it, search for 6F15 fluid change

I have just spoken to Ford dealer when I booked a service and he said the same that gearbox is sealed, so with that in mind should anything happen to the box Ford will sort it out under warranty ?   (maybe). Any thoughts anyone ?

If the vehicle is under manufactures warranty then Yes.

If the warranty has expired then No.

As long as the vehicle is serviced in accordance with the manufactures requirements then there will be no problems in claiming warranty if a problem occurs.

4 hours ago, unofix said:

If the vehicle is under manufactures warranty then Yes.

If the warranty has expired then No.

As long as the vehicle is serviced in accordance with the manufactures requirements then there will be no problems in claiming warranty if a problem occurs.

unfortunately 30000 miles would be out of warranty on time for me, so guess if something goes wrong then stuffed....

The problem with the Ecosport auto gearbox is well known. My daughter has the 1.5 auto.

Keep getting the vehicle serviced by a Ford main dealer and if problems occur then "Ford" will often make a contribution to the repair costs.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club