Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant change

Jordan1993

Do you need to change coolant every year on your car ?? 

No, should only top up if required (unless there is a problem, eg: a leak), or in most cases these days, change every 10 years.

• Thanks 1

i do mine every two years 🙂

• Thanks 1

The antifreeze does two things a) inhibits corrosion, b) inhibits freezing.   They say you should change it as it loses its effectiveness , I don’t know in which way a or b or both.   I mention this in case some people living in milder climates don’t give it a thought

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, isetta said:

The antifreeze does two things a) inhibits corrosion, b) inhibits freezing.   They say you should change it as it loses its effectiveness , I don’t know in which way a or b or both.   I mention this in case some people living in milder climates don’t give it a thought

Most likely both ways since a lot of people just top the coolant up with tap water if it's low.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333843730217?epid=28037072537&hash=item4dbaa30f29:g:JdEAAOSwQaBf7xQA

The coolant mix is supposed to be 50/50.

I've seen it sometime ago now that the coolant does (a) inhibits corrosion, (b) prevents freezing, (c) contains a water soluble lubricant for the pump.

Replace every 10 years or sooner in harsh conditions

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had mine replaced @ 88,000kms.Car is 5 years old,they do say every ten years,just had it replaced with the equivalent OEM long life coolant(8 years).As I have had not had the cat that long,I had all fluids replaced,spark plugs & new brake pads as well.Car drives like a dream.Next job is now to get a small dent taken out of the rear right quarter panel,get on to my PDR guy for that one.These are just a ‘cracker’ of a car!

2BAB9C8D-7239-4F5E-B6FA-4A4BDC7B5E97.jpeg

A5F4CF95-4FD5-4638-ADD9-AA7D5836F908.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club