Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater Fan Only working on speed Four

Nigel 2

Hi 

New to the site so sorry if this is in the wrong area my daughter has a KA+ 17reg and the heater fan is only working on speed four. I suspect the heater resistor may of gone. I think I have located the resistor in the passenger side at the back of the centre consul have removed the the plug going to what I think is the resistor turned on the fan and it still works. I am now thinking that I may not of located the resistor. Is any one able to confirm the location or if the fan would still work after removing the plug. Sorry its a bit long winded but want to make certain that I am removing the correct part. Many thanks for your time

Nigel

The resistor is not used when the fan is on full speed.

Just take the resistor pack out to check which version you have (2 different types used)

Probably this one:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143399192095?fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Cars+Year%3A2017|Model%3AKa&hash=item216342061f:g:dcsAAOSwhgBgonsV

Hi Unofix

Many thanks for confirming that the fan works on full speed when the plug is removed will have to get a new resistor at least it can be done without having to take it to the garage.

Once again many thanks for your reply and help

Nigel

When this happened on my focus mk1 it was the thermal fuse on the end of resistor pack which blew. I soldered need thermal fuse on.  It blew again a few days later.  Because motor bearings were stiff as water had got in the fan motor.  So fixed the motor and soldered in another fuse .  Fine after that. So whilst replacing resistor pack might fix it, it might not be the root cause so it might go again

Many thanks for the advice will also check that the fan motor is spinning freely. Once again thank you for taking the time to reply

Nigel

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2022 at 11:26 AM, Nigel 2 said:

Hi Unofix

Many thanks for confirming that the fan works on full speed when the plug is removed will have to get a new resistor at least it can be done without having to take it to the garage.

Once again many thanks for your reply and help

Nigel

Was it the resister , passenger side centre console because I have a ka+ with same issue , just about to tackle it.

Nigel has not been back, so I guess his problem was fixed when he changed the resistor pack.

8 hours ago, unofix said:

Nigel has not been back, so I guess his problem was fixed when he changed the resistor pack.

I'll have a nose around today , no manuals yet made for the KA+ . Done a fiesta before.  When I find it I'll post where it is .

Found the fan resistor . Passenger side right up behind glove box , have to be a real contortionist lol , but it's open view no need to remove anything just unplug and remove screw.

1 hour ago, Bears auto said:

Only on line manual,  not paper . Personally I prefer a book

Times move on. Britannica do a paper version of the internet if that helps 🤣

• 2 years later...

yes it sounds like you are correct.i have just done the same fix on my wifes car and it does still run but only on speed 4 once you take the resistor out.

a new resistor fixes the problem

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club