Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Postcard From Benalmadena

Turvey

Hola 😃

Arrived yesterday afternoon, got essential supplies for the self-catering and went down to the beach for a look. 

Dinner at a bar just around the corner, home and crashed at 10pm.

9.30 this morning it's already in the high teens temperature wise. Might be too much for this white skinned body from the north of Scotland! ☀️☀️☀️

IMG_20220417_094122036.jpg

• Like 2

you'll be ok long as your not ginger aswell LOL

• Haha 1

Nice , wish I were abroad now too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JImpster said:

you'll be ok long as your not ginger aswell LOL

Not ginger 😃

• Haha 2

Weather doesn't look to bad either. Small bottle, that won't take long to drink. 

When in Barcelona me and my partner ordered a large beer each expecting a pint. Nope,1 litre.!!!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Weather doesn't look to bad either. Small bottle, that won't take long to drink. 

When in Barcelona me and my partner ordered a large beer each expecting a pint. Nope,1 litre.!!!

El Scorchio yesterday 32degrees! ☀️☀️☀️

A much more pleasant 20s today. 

• Like 2

Got to love the thought behind the naming of the bar 😃

IMG_20220418_180421204.jpg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

El Scorchio yesterday 32degrees! ☀️☀️☀️

A much more pleasant 20s today. 

That's good weather for April. 

18 hours ago, iantt said:

That's good weather for April. 

So far, so good. Meant to rain on Friday though. 

I don't do heights and I don't do enclosed spaces so God knows why I did this this morning. 🤷 It was an experience...... but I don't think I would do it again! 😳

IMG_20220419_131500091.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

So far, so good. Meant to rain on Friday though. 

I don't do heights and I don't do enclosed spaces so God knows why I did this this morning. 🤷 It was an experience...... but I don't think I would do it again! 😳

IMG_20220419_131500091.jpg

Err, not for me either. London eye was bad enough. Never again. I found my fear of heights and enclosed spaces 22 years ago when I went up the CN tower in the outside glass lift and glass floored viewing area. 

• Like 2

Fuller, cooler day today with the threat of rain so we took the train to Fuengirola and spent a few hours walking around a shopping centre 🤷 

Seems to be a tired old town in need of some work in the area around the beach, some of the older parts look quite nice though. Strange to see orange trees just growing out of the pavement! 

Anyone know what kind of 'car' this is? Can't say I've seen one before.

Edit to add, apparently it's a Citroen Ami, coming to a town near you shortly 

https://www.citroen.co.uk/models/future-models/ami.html

IMG_20220420_155855834.jpg

IMG_20220420_195434086.jpg

• Like 1

i'd be embarrassed to be seen in one of those lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Turvey said:

Fuller, cooler day today with the threat of rain so we took the train to Fuengirola and spent a few hours walking around a shopping centre 🤷 

Seems to be a tired old town in need of some work in the area around the beach, some of the older parts look quite nice though. Strange to see orange trees just growing out of the pavement! 

Anyone know what kind of 'car' this is? Can't say I've seen one before.

Edit to add, apparently it's a Citroen Ami, coming to a town near you shortly 

https://www.citroen.co.uk/models/future-models/ami.html

IMG_20220420_155855834.jpg

IMG_20220420_195434086.jpg

Let's hope the number 2 signifies it's number of those cars they will ever make. 

• Haha 2

Today's weird car of the day! 😃 

Hurton Author handmade Spanish car apparently. 

IMG_20220421_120304790_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

now i like that !!!!!!! but maybe in a different colour

2 hours ago, JImpster said:

now i like that !!!!!!! but maybe in a different colour

I preferred this one 😎 even better was the 1965-69 Mustang we saw a couple of days ago but I was too slow for a pic.

Also seen a couple of old Corvettes, but again too slow for a pic.

IMG_20220421_164141416_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Last day! And it rained on and off most of the day! 🙄☹️

Walked up to the local Friday market and then had a walk around the Paloma Park.... watched an engagement going on ❣️♥️❤️ 

Back down to the apartment and then to our 'local' for a last meal and drinks before we go home ☹️ 0450 taxi to take us to the airport!!! 

No outstanding photo opportunities so I took a pic of the toilets in the local 😀 quite unusual I'm sure you'll agree. 

IMG_20220418_204847626.jpg

• Confused 1

7 days goes to quickly when on hols abroad. Esp if the flights are not early out and late back to make the most of the days there. 

48 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Last day! And it rained on and off most of the day! 🙄☹️

Walked up to the local Friday market and then had a walk around the Paloma Park.... watched an engagement going on ❣️♥️❤️ 

Back down to the apartment and then to our 'local' for a last meal and drinks before we go home ☹️ 0450 taxi to take us to the airport!!! 

No outstanding photo opportunities so I took a pic of the toilets in the local 😀 quite unusual I'm sure you'll agree. 

IMG_20220418_204847626.jpg

thats so double jointed people can do 1's and 2's in separate receptacles

33 minutes ago, iantt said:

7 days goes to quickly when on hols abroad. Esp if the flights are not early out and late back to make the most of the days there. 

Yep, wee bit of hindsight and forward planning we could have returned to a different Scottish airport later, but it's been a good week all the same. Can see us returning sometime again shortly 😎

• Like 1

That loo setup is probably designed to save water with limited space...not something we really have to consider on the UK.

Though judging by the seat left up...the previous occupant specifically chose the least economical option! :laugh:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That loo setup is probably designed to save water with limited space...not something we really have to consider on the UK.

Fair point, never thought about it that way. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club