Do Not Sell My Personal Information

changed from mk8 fiesta to Corsa F !! however I'm not satisfied !!

Eng_Ahmad1986
聽Share

hello to all 馃檪

As some of you know that my mk8 fiesta was rear ended last year and written off, now I'm a Corsa F owner, 1.2 130ps .

just decided to share my experience in case any one thinking to switch to Corsa, you would lose too much fun !!

Corsa's Engine, that 1.2 turbocharged french puretech engine is much more powerful than the 1.0 ecoboost , but its fuel economy is way off behind what ecoboost offers !! expect more fuel consumption, I tried every thing I could but I couldn't get near to what ecoboost offers really in terms of fuel economy.

The most important aspect actually is the handling and control, I'm convinced now that nothing beats the superior handling and the " fun to drive " attitude of your fiesta , don't get me wrong , the corsa performs well, but not like a fiesta, specially around corners, the fiesta feels more rigid and grown up, and gives you much more confidence than the corsa , at every corner the corsa starts to lose control at a much lower speed than a fiesta, and the ESP kicks in more often.

Mates, you have the sweetest and the most fun to drive car in its class, and if , and only if , there is still brand new fiesta being sold here in Egypt I wouldn't have bought a Corsa !!

Be proud of what you have , be proud of Ford Fiesta 馃檪

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

Corsa's Engine, that 1.2 turbocharged french puretech engine is much more powerful than the 1.0 ecoboost聽

Interesting comments, Ahmad. You get a much more powerful version there, by the way - the petrol Corsa is only available with maximum of 100ps in the UK, the most powerful model on offer here being the electric one!

• Like 1

Very interesting. so many people spend their time trying to find faults with drivel instead of focusing on the fundamental things that matter.

聽We had the Corsa as a Pool Car a few years back, a bottom of the range Diesel one, and the聽 Engine and Gearbox were very good and a pleasure to drive for a bottom of the range car.聽

The handling was not great as you say though and the build quality was not that good, small bits of trim started to need fixed after a short time.聽

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

hello to all 馃檪

As some of you know that my mk8 fiesta was rear ended last year and written off, now I'm a Corsa F owner, 1.2 130ps .

Sorry to hear that Ahmad.聽 聽I didn't know.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tizer said:

The handling was not great as you say though and the build quality was not that good, small bits of trim started to need fixed after a short time.聽

True that engine and gearbox are fundamentally important, but these faults are still relevant if you're thinking of buying one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bobr said:

Sorry to hear that Ahmad.聽 聽I didn't know.

Thank you Bobr 馃檪

13 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Interesting comments, Ahmad. You get a much more powerful version there, by the way - the petrol Corsa is only available with maximum of 100ps in the UK, the most powerful model on offer here being the electric one!

Yes its a powerful engine, with 230 NM of torque available early at 1750 rpm, but only mated with a 6 speed auto, different from the 8 speed you get in UK.

11 hours ago, Tizer said:

Very interesting. so many people spend their time trying to find faults with drivel instead of focusing on the fundamental things that matter.

聽We had the Corsa as a Pool Car a few years back, a bottom of the range Diesel one, and the聽 Engine and Gearbox were very good and a pleasure to drive for a bottom of the range car.聽

That french corsa has a good build quality , much better than previous GM corsa, may be little bit better than the mk8 fiesta, specially the door trim feels more rigid and holding itself together without any rattles or clicks.

but when it comes to handling really Fiesta wins , I have the corsa now for about 5 months and still can't understand its behavior during heavy cornering, it understeers until a certain limit then suddenly begins to oversteer !! fiesta gives you great confidence in that area, I don't remember the ESP kicked in any time in Fiesta, but in corsa it kicks in more often, to the extent that I think without ESP its handling would be compared to GO KART 馃槃

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club