Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust

Dougie Evans

So I’m a proud owner of a 1.25L MK6 Fiesta Zetec, and I currently have a hornet back box fitted. My parents have got complaints from my neighbours about it being too loud and my dad is going to buy me a completely standard back box for christmas which obvi I can’t let happen as I love my car sounding nice. Does anyone know a good back box that is a bit quieter but also has a great sound to it?

lol man aftermarket exhauasts are all loud. do you still have the resonator installed? and just changed the back box with the hornet one?

9 hours ago, Dougie Evans said:

I can’t let happen as I love my car sounding nice.

Don't be anti-social. Fit a standard one and give the neighbours some peace.

Presumably neighbours with screaming kids, barking dogs and gardening equipment at all hours of the day?  Sounds like moving would be a better option! :wink: 

If it's a cherry bomb type backbox, then getting one closer to standard should reduce the idle noise a bit...that way it should keep the neighbours happy as long as you don't thrash it off the driveway.  I think Sportex make one for the 1.25.

I really liked the Milltek system on a Fiesta ST, they can be either resonated or de-res depending on how much you hate the neighbours, but I'm pretty sure they don't make one for the smaller engines.  They're also super expensive, probably not worth it on a 1.25.

9 hours ago, OvEr_KiLL said:

lol man aftermarket exhauasts are all loud. do you still have the resonator installed? and just changed the back box with the hornet one?

Yes i still have the original resonator installed. So what happened was the original back box had a rusty hole in it, so we pretty much had to saw it off as it wouldn’t come off with a can of WD40 and then put the hornet back box on. 

49 minutes ago, agraham said:

Don't be anti-social. Fit a standard one and give the neighbours some peace.

I understand that, but me as a car person, the sound of my car and look of my car brings me a lot of happiness, that’s why I said I still want noise but something quieter so they don’t stay unhappy 

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Presumably neighbours with screaming kids, barking dogs and gardening equipment at all hours of the day?  Sounds like moving would be a better option! :wink: 

If it's a cherry bomb type backbox, then getting one closer to standard should reduce the idle noise a bit...that way it should keep the neighbours happy as long as you don't thrash it off the driveway.  I think Sportex make one for the 1.25.

I really liked the Milltek system on a Fiesta ST, they can be either resonated or de-res depending on how much you hate the neighbours, but I'm pretty sure they don't make one for the smaller engines.  They're also super expensive, probably not worth it on a 1.25.

Haha well yeah perhaps moving would get better 😂. I can’t seem to find one that’s still cheap but not as loud. Infact I was looking at sportex yesterday and was highly considering buying it as it should do the job but I’m not sure yet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dougie Evans said:

Haha well yeah perhaps moving would get better 😂. I can’t seem to find one that’s still cheap but not as loud. Infact I was looking at sportex yesterday and was highly considering buying it as it should do the job but I’m not sure yet.

Have you got an an induction kit?  You could always forget about exhaust noise, just chuck on a standard backbox, but fit a decent cone filter for more induction noise instead...should be barely noticeable at idle, but give a nice progressive bwarp under throttle...

44 minutes ago, Dougie Evans said:

the sportex is similar to the hornet..i cant see it being any quiter to be honest..they are cheaper because they are MILD stainless steel which corrodes and rusts when they grit the roads etc. thats also way they have a 2 year warranty not a lifetime one...you could go to a longlife or powerflow exhaust dealer and ask them to make you a quiter one as i think they can tune the inside of the back box.

1 hour ago, OvEr_KiLL said:

the sportex is similar to the hornet..i cant see it being any quiter to be honest..they are cheaper because they are MILD stainless steel which corrodes and rusts when they grit the roads etc. thats also way they have a 2 year warranty not a lifetime one...you could go to a longlife or powerflow exhaust dealer and ask them to make you a quiter one as i think they can tune the inside of the back box.

That’s not a bad idea! I might just have to do that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Have you got an an induction kit?  You could always forget about exhaust noise, just chuck on a standard backbox, but fit a decent cone filter for more induction noise instead...should be barely noticeable at idle, but give a nice progressive bwarp under throttle...

Already looked into that and will definitely me a mod in the next couple weeks!

• Like 1

My neighbour's family own 6 x cars, including a vintage TR6 (2.5l straight 6), and a Mk2 Jaguar (4.2l V8). Both are revved weekly to clear them out LOL Wouldn't dream of asking him to be quiet... 🤣

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club