Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is the reverse sensor speaker on a mk2?

Jason87

My sensors and reverse light work but I get no beeping so I want to check the speaker. I had a look in the boot but could only see the module box not the speaker?

2 hours ago, Jason87 said:

but could only see the module box not the speaker?

Take the module box out and follow the small two wire harness and it will lead to the sounder, it won't be more than 400mm away.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, unofix said:

Take the module box out and follow the small two wire harness and it will lead to the sounder, it won't be more than 400mm away.

Thanks. What are the common faults with this if my sensors work? Just the speaker needs unplugging and reconnecting? Or are the Speakers prone to randomly breaking?

23 hours ago, unofix said:

new speakers can be bought cheaply on eBay

I just had another look and it looks like the speaker is under the trim on the door pillar behind drivers side rear seat? Is that correct? I’ll have to take it apart somehow if so 

Does anyone know where the speaker is? Nothing is close to the module. A cable does go along the top of the side of boot and into the trim behind drivers seat but the other side of the car does the same so this might not be the speaker?

All I can see is this thing and the module. The last pic is what a speaker on eBay looks like which looks different?

05A1E020-F725-46C1-9B95-5A17CF276816.jpeg

80FFBD95-6238-4AFC-8294-5900DB31C0B7.jpeg

D60EA159-C2D0-4E32-BDF8-D9AA281CCBE5.png

Ah never mind, I’ve finally found the speaker and ordered a new one from eBay. Hopefully that fixes it, god knows what that other round thing is. It sounds like a bell when you tap it 

12 minutes ago, Jason87 said:

god knows what that other round thing is. It sounds like a bell when you tap it 

It's the horn for the vehicle alarm system.

48 minutes ago, unofix said:

It's the horn for the vehicle alarm system.

Ahh lol. Didn’t think the horn would be inside as wouldnt be loud outside when alarm goes off 

24 minutes ago, Jason87 said:

Ahh lol. Didn’t think the horn would be inside as wouldnt be loud outside when alarm goes off 

That'll certainly deter anyone breaking in through the tailgate! :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club