Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated windscreen

Trowie123

Hi guys, go easy I'm new here, 2012 zetec s diesel, heated windscreen works on both sides in the warm but in the winter only on passenger side, can't be fuse as it sometimes works, been told a possible relay as there is 2 relays and anyone know where they are so I can change both, many thanks 

3 minutes ago, Trowie123 said:

2012 zetec s diesel, heated windscreen works on both sides in the warm

I'm confused how you would know both sides work in the warm. The heated front screen won't be active if the outside temperature is above 7oC

The Front screen relays are in the engine compartment fusebox.

1 minute ago, unofix said:

I'm confused how you would know both sides work in the warm. The heated front screen won't be active if the outside temperature is above 7oC

The Front screen relays are in the engine compartment fusebox.

Because if the windscreen is steamed up I turn it on and it works, as soon as it freezes It only works on the passenger side

1 minute ago, Trowie123 said:

if the windscreen is steamed up I turn it on and it works, as soon as it freezes It only works on the passenger side

Could it be that the driver's side is only working at 50% effectiveness?  i.e. warm enough to demist, but not warm enough to defrost.  Bad connection (live or ground) and it's only getting 6volts????  But that's a pure guess without attacking the connections with a multimeter. 

Is your Fiesta like the 2011 model or like the 2013 model ? Difficult to know which model it is with 2012 been the change over year.

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Is your Fiesta like the 2011 model or like the 2013 model ? Difficult to know which model it is with 2012 been the change over year.

Sorry, mines a pfl

8 minutes ago, unofix said:

This could be the handbook for your model:

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/ENUSA_CG3545_FTA_og_201202.pdf

See page 119 onwards for fuses and relays.

There are a possible 3 types of fusebox fitted !!

Perfect! Thanks for the help😃

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club