Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK4.5 2022+ issues thread

Chera

7 minutes ago, CraigTon said:

My steering feels like it’s correcting itself

More info required 🤔

The steering is intended to self centre, I'd worry if it didn't.

18 minutes ago, unofix said:

More info required 🤔

The steering is intended to self centre, I'd worry if it didn't.

Indeed, maybe it’s just something I have began noticing but just feels more of a resistance/feedback from the steering. No warning lights or anything on dash 

1 hour ago, CraigTon said:

just feels more of a resistance/feedback from the steering.

Check the State Of Charge of your car battery. EPAS requires a lot of power. Also have you checked that the tyre pressures are correct ?

heading to work this morning, got a warning flash up on the instrument cluster "Broken down Vehicle" 100 yards ahead, or something to that effect.  there was no broken down car, drove on a mile or so, popped up again.  WDF is that all about? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 5:49 PM, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

heading to work this morning, got a warning flash up on the instrument cluster "Broken down Vehicle" 100 yards ahead, or something to that effect.  there was no broken down car, drove on a mile or so, popped up again.  WDF is that all about? 

Those reports are coming from tomtom navigation which are unfortunately not up-to-date...The only ,,good" thing about those alerts are the weather ones, I had an warning when a sudden storm appeared on a highway in Austria and I was really happy about this, but otherwise,  I consider those alerts as being useless, especially for 10 pounds/month or how much it is in UK... 

On 1/5/2024 at 3:49 PM, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

Is this Local Hazard Information? I couldn’t get it in my mk4 but I used to use Live Traffic (£3 a month!) looking back now it was pretty poor. If I need hazard info I use Waze , Ford Navigation I only have as back up. 

Hey everyone,

Just want ask you guys something, how are your cars related to annoying noises coming from the dashboard? when the roads are not that great.

Thanks!

On 2/4/2024 at 11:49 PM, PT_1985 said:

Hey everyone,

Just want ask you guys something, how are your cars related to annoying noises coming from the dashboard? when the roads are not that great.

Thanks!

I have mine 2 months or so now, there's an annoying noise coming from the drivers door, like a rattle, it's so annoying, also coming from passengers door and noises coming from all over the car to be fair.  

22 hours ago, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

I have mine 2 months or so now, there's an annoying noise coming from the drivers door, like a rattle, it's so annoying, also coming from passengers door and noises coming from all over the car to be fair.  

Yes, same for me... when I have the window open I notice even more... sounds like some clicks, it does not sound every single time but still a lot, annoying as hell... it the window is closed usually nothing happens.

On the passenger side I notice when I don't have anyone sitting there and it is the seat belt hitting the plastic on the B pilar on the plastic.

On the dashboard, I have around the infotainment screen... the car has 1month... my previous one, Opel crossland X, had almost 7 years and zero noises...

Morning all,

Is there a service schedule for the "new" 7-speed Powershift box? As I understand it's a wet clutch box and I'd like to keep on top of things. I've checked the service schedule on the Ford website and see no mention of it.

On 2/8/2024 at 12:24 PM, PT_1985 said:

Yes, same for me... when I have the window open I notice even more... sounds like some clicks, it does not sound every single time but still a lot, annoying as hell... it the window is closed usually nothing happens.

On the passenger side I notice when I don't have anyone sitting there and it is the seat belt hitting the plastic on the B pilar on the plastic.

On the dashboard, I have around the infotainment screen... the car has 1month... my previous one, Opel crossland X, had almost 7 years and zero noises...

the seatbelts are annoying, I bought the ST-Line foam seatbelt pads and fitted one to the front 2 and back left and right, that sorts that noise out, however the noise coming from the doors and Speakers is driving me crazy. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Sync4 screen is driving my crazy with a real mousse look a like noise. Gave it a slaps from time to time but it just keep coming... In the dealer its "not detected" as usually.

48 minutes ago, tddif2000 said:

My Sync4 screen is driving my crazy with a real mousse look a like noise. Gave it a slaps from time to time but it just keep coming... In the dealer its "not detected" as usually.

The dealer can't help in this case since it's the Ford's fault for pushing bad updates to us...The ,,solution" for this it's to wait for ford powerup6(if we'll ever get it), and maybe by then the things will be better... 

Hi guys, did anyone of you noticed this on your door panel? thanks

door1.jpeg

door2.jpeg

I went today to the dealer to fix the matrix headlights issue, gave them the SSM number 51807  Focus MCA Adaptive LED Headlamps Rest In Low Position After Engine Start and they didn't want to update the BCM, only the HCM, LDCMA and LDCMB... 

Also, after 13h I found my car with the headlights on even if it was set on the auto position, and this made it worse than it was in the past.. They fixed 1 issue but created another one... Really disappointed 😞

• 4 weeks later...

My Ford Pass App has stopped working, it won't remote start, open, close the car.  the App hasn't expired and I pay for the additional features.  it just won't work. any idea what to do. 

11 minutes ago, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

My Ford Pass App has stopped working, it won't remote start, open, close the car.  the App hasn't expired and I pay for the additional features.  it just won't work. any idea what to do. 

I don't think remote start or locking are paid for features are they?

Is the car in deep sleep mode due to low battery?

If the car is fine, it's probably an app issue.  Could try turning phone off & on again.  Removing & reinstalling app.  Or just waiting a few days in the hope they'll release another update to fix this one.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't think remote start or locking are paid for features are they?

Is the car in deep sleep mode due to low battery?

If the car is fine, it's probably an app issue.  Could try turning phone off & on again.  Removing & reinstalling app.  Or just waiting a few days in the hope they'll release another update to fix this one.

the car is fine bud, just noticed it not working when the weather got colder there, you know it's handy having the car nice and warm before getting into it.  but the fecking App isn't working.

if i uninstall the App would i lose anything?

1 hour ago, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

the car is fine bud, just noticed it not working when the weather got colder there, you know it's handy having the car nice and warm before getting into it.  but the fecking App isn't working.

if i uninstall the App would i lose anything?

Shouldn't lose anything important.  Maybe some of the previous driving data if you had that enabled.

Can you access anything on the car through the app at all?  Tyre pressures & location for example?

• 2 weeks later...

might sound like a silly question, i was reversing into a parking space yesterday and caught the reflection of the car in the shop window, and noticed only 1 reverse light on, so before i contact the dealer I thought i would ask here it the MK4.5 focus is only meant to have 1 reverse light on the passenger side? 

59 minutes ago, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

might sound like a silly question, i was reversing into a parking space yesterday and caught the reflection of the car in the shop window, and noticed only 1 reverse light on, so before i contact the dealer I thought i would ask here it the MK4.5 focus is only meant to have 1 reverse light on the passenger side? 

Yes that's right.  Single rear fog is in the same place on the other side.

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yes that's right.  Single rear fog is in the same place on the other side.

thank you Mr TomsFocus, 

• Thanks 1

Just received again the ,,Driving modes not available" error that was present for about 20 min.. I hope Ford will fix it someday.. 😞

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club