Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK4.5 2022+ issues thread

Chera

I don't want to turn off the chime for upcoming turns. Besides, this chime isn't for upcoming turns because navigation isn't even on when I start the car. This chime is for something else and it doesn't even do it every time I start up. Still it annoys me.

EDIT: Sync 4 for me. And it also announces upcoming turns in the instrument cluster, so the built-in navigation works well for me.

1 hour ago, Don MC said:

I don't want to turn off the chime for upcoming turns. Besides, this chime isn't for upcoming turns because navigation isn't even on when I start the car. This chime is for something else and it doesn't even do it every time I start up. Still it annoys me.

EDIT: Sync 4 for me. And it also announces upcoming turns in the instrument cluster, so the built-in navigation works well for me.

Sync 3 has the instrument cluster directions. I keep the chime on too. Maybe next software update will sort it. 🤔 

Hi Don. I've had that ding ding on startup since picking up the car in Dec 22.

Never worked out what it is. No message accompanying it etc.

So I don't think it's "in" your latest software update, rather the update has reset a setting to enable the already existing ding.

Would be good to hear what it is if you find out.

• Like 1

All my settings appear to be unchanged after the update. Even the radio stations are as they were before.

I disabled some notifications in the map app. None of the descriptions for the notifications matched my problem and I have never been in a situation where those would notify me anyway, but I don't need notifications for things such as watching my fuel range or passing over borders. I can read my fuel gauge and I know which country I'm driving in.

Let's see if any of those helps.

I received today the AA/Carplay fullscreen update, seems to be fine.

What's really weird it's that the software has been downgraded from 23096 to 23095... 

On 7/27/2023 at 11:58 AM, Don MC said:

All my settings appear to be unchanged after the update. Even the radio stations are as they were before.

I disabled some notifications in the map app. None of the descriptions for the notifications matched my problem and I have never been in a situation where those would notify me anyway, but I don't need notifications for things such as watching my fuel range or passing over borders. I can read my fuel gauge and I know which country I'm driving in.

Let's see if any of those helps.

Seems to have done the trick. No ding-dings for a few days now.

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 2:25 PM, Duke178 said:

Not sure if this is the way it is. I found on the Seven speed auto petrol, when i depress the button and slide into (L) low gear the button doesn't release and stays in.  Also I know the low selection holds the gears longer but I'm hitting 4 to 5 thousand revs just to do 30mph. Is this normal behaviour for low gear selection?

Duke, "Low Gear" is used for towing, or going up steep hills.  it keeps the power high and the speed low, it's not for normal driving, it's no wonder you're not getting the speed you want.  it's not for just driving about, the "D" is for that. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody got a digital odo display on the new Fords that flickers? I am having issues with the display flickering, mainly on eco mode screen? 

On 8/13/2023 at 5:19 PM, MrPickle said:

mainly on eco mode screen?

It's a special anti-Greta device intended to discourage owners from becoming overly green 🤣

If it is a problem then on a 2022 model I'd simply return it to a Ford dealer and ask them to fix the issue as it's not something you are likely to be able to fix yourself.

Hi Mr Pickle.

I can confirm this is a (slight) issue, and its common.

My focus does it very occasionally, and my partners Puma does also.

It only happens very rarely, and seems worse on eco mode, but it's still there but not as visible on the others. I did a Google when I first saw it, and others had gone back to the dealer with the issue. Not sure how they got on.

For me, it's very rare, so I accept it as a quirk of the car

• 5 weeks later...

Car went in for a repair attempt on the TCU unit (emegency call fault message). Came back withe everything reset to factory defaults. Had to seek all the radio channels etc.

The Sync4 software version stayed the same (23095 rev. 807), but at least one menu item has vanished: The possibility to set a speed tolerance for the automatic speed sign recognition and overspeed warning (it is now permanently set at +5km/h). This also affects the "intelligent" speed limiter, which is set at +5km/h by default.

Also gone is the possibility to permanently disable said speed sign recognition. It is now possible to disable only for the ongoing dive, it will be re-enabled at next start-up.

21 hours ago, Don MC said:

Car went in for a repair attempt on the TCU unit (emegency call fault message). Came back withe everything reset to factory defaults. Had to seek all the radio channels etc.

The Sync4 software version stayed the same (23095 rev. 807), but at least one menu item has vanished: The possibility to set a speed tolerance for the automatic speed sign recognition and overspeed warning (it is now permanently set at +5km/h). This also affects the "intelligent" speed limiter, which is set at +5km/h by default.

Also gone is the possibility to permanently disable said speed sign recognition. It is now possible to disable only for the ongoing dive, it will be re-enabled at next start-up.

this sounds like an absolute nightmare. 

Not ideal, no.

And the TCU still isn't fixed. They say it's a software issue that must be fixed by the factory. It's going in again in a couple of weeks. They say they will have to remove the TCU unit and do something to it.

Not getting my hopes up that will fix my speed tolerance setting gone missing.

I have been having issues with the battery, displaying on the app as constantly "Remote features preserved to save battery".  Voltage wise batter looked to be idling around 14.3V.  One for dealer to look at as per some of the other posts?

Also Whats the service scedule for the  Mk4.5 1.0 MHEV?  Seen conflicting infromation - ford suggests 1 year/ 12.5 and dealer suggested 2 year /18.5k.

12 hours ago, eand12 said:

I have been having issues with the battery, displaying on the app as constantly "Remote features preserved to save battery".  Voltage wise batter looked to be idling around 14.3V.  One for dealer to look at as per some of the other posts?

Also Whats the service scedule for the  Mk4.5 1.0 MHEV?  Seen conflicting infromation - ford suggests 1 year/ 12.5 and dealer suggested 2 year /18.5k.

I'm doing always at 2 years/30k km(in my case around 18-20k) because I think it's the best option, but it depends also on your driving behaviour, if you're driving a lot in town, long roads, highways and so on. 

12 hours ago, eand12 said:

My dealer told me if I use ethanol fuel (E85), then I need an extra oil change every year. Otherwise it's two years.

If you have the app, go into service tab, and there's a service schedule option in there.

Mine in the UK is 18,000 miles or two years whichever comes sooner.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 11:10 PM, eand12 said:

Although the battery charges ok while idling, it's not getting enough charge to 'maintain' a good voltage overnight.  You can try charging the battery with a mains powered battery charger instead.  It will take several hours.  That should give you a few weeks without the 'remote features disabled' message.  If it doesn't, you may have a fault with the battery, BMS or another module that would need to be repaired under warranty.

Ford shouldn't be suggesting yearly servicing for a Focus MHEV in the UK.  It's 2 years or 18k miles.  However, many Ford dealerships send the same automated email to every customer, suggesting that they need a yearly service.  I was told this was an 'oversight' by my local dealership when I complained about it (especially where they suggested warranty would be void without a yearly service!) but sadly a year later they had still not rectified this 'oversight'.  I wonder how many customers are being ripped off by this...

It is worth noting that most Ford dealerships offer free breakdown cover with a service.  That only lasts one year, so will expire if you don't have a yearly service with them.  However, you can purchase your own breakdown cover.

Had a lengthy chat with my dealer about the annoyance of the battery issues in my current Focus (Mk4). He assured me repeatedly that they had changed the batteries.

Meant to be picking up a 4.5 next week but may pull out if people are seeing this same battery issue, because I ended up finding a flat battery at the most annoying times.

23 minutes ago, JDC14 said:

same battery issue, because I ended up finding a flat battery at the most annoying times.

Welcome to 2023 !!!

It does not matter what make or model you buy the fact will remain, that due to emissions laws modern cars mostly can not charge the battery sufficiently with normal driving. In order to meet the requirements imposed on the car manufactures with regards to emissions, they have had little choice but to reduce the amount of power that the alternator can put back in to the battery. The state of charge is set on many cars at only 80% which eventually leads to the battery failing.

Just think of all new cars as being a "Mild Hybrid" that requires a top charge from the mains every 4 or 5 weeks. it's not what anyone wants but unfortunately until reality hits home and common sense prevails it's the best we are going to get. 🙁

On 9/22/2023 at 10:48 PM, JDC14 said:

Had a lengthy chat with my dealer about the annoyance of the battery issues in my current Focus (Mk4). He assured me repeatedly that they had changed the batteries.

Meant to be picking up a 4.5 next week but may pull out if people are seeing this same battery issue, because I ended up finding a flat battery at the most annoying times.

I've had my 4.5 ST for just over 2 months from new and haven't suffered from any battery issues. Stop/start still works and haven't had it going into deep sleep to preserve battery either. I do around 57 miles a day to and from work on motorway and a roads so gets a good charge.

The only problem I've had is with the active matrix headlights. Not always doing their sweep and staying in low position.  It's going in next month for a software update which hopefully should fix it.

• Like 1

My two penneth on batteries, to give some comfort to others picking up there's.

I have never had a stop start or main starting issue.

The only thing I have had, is a message from the app saying connected features disabled to preserve battery. This tends to come after I've washed the car, and had the doors open over and over, and am welcomed by 15 alerts saying my doors had been opened.

I've left the car for max 2 weeks without starting, and no issues.

I think some people may be suffering some additional quiescent drain perhaps.

(Had it since Dec 2022 by the way, 7500 miles)

2 hours ago, Plimp92 said:

This tends to come after I've washed the car, and had the doors open over and over, and am welcomed by 15 alerts saying my doors had been opened.

You can switch that off in the app. 

• Like 1

Strange one this week had my 2023 X MHEV auto since March with no issues, now when I put the cruise control on it seems to just randomly turn off and then won't resume until you accelerate again (sure you just hit the button and it turned back on before) , tried at 30,50 70(ish 😜) and bet it turns of within 5 minutes, today put it on 30 seconds later it went off then again. Don't have adaptive but does it with both Lane assist on or off. Limiter seems to work fine. Guess a visit to the dealer is in order 

1 hour ago, Dave46 said:

had my 2023 X MHEV

Does your profile need updating ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club