Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stripped spark plug bore

kieran.mc807

Hey was just wondering if anyone knew anything about spark plug repair kits my mk6 fiesta 2.0 petrol has thrown spark plug out cyclinder 2 and was curious as to if the salary vs301 kit would be correct for this repair ?

I've looked at specs for spark plug and compared it to the kit but the helicoil length only goes to 15mm and spark plug is 17.5mm would this effect anything?

Nope 15mm is fine, just be sure to blow out any debris from the cylinder bore after drilling etc

Drill with plenty of grease on the bit, vacuum cleaner on the job as you go. I would wind the heicoil in using Loctite 638 which will bond the insert in permanently and lightly oil the new thread before winding the plug in.

Have you already got a sealey vs301 kit? It looks expensive. There must be cheaper ways.  But I don’t know for sure. 

There are many cheaper options. A helicoil kit comprising a tap and a few inserts costs from about £8

But the Helicoil  5334-14 "sav-a-thread" kit which is £33 from amazon is a product with a well known name and a good reputation. It will, if used with due care, provide a good and lasting repair. A tip: when you have wound the insert in, it will need the tang snapping off. Turn the engine until the piston is at the top and put some grease down the spark plug hole to hold it as it breaks off so you can fish it out with tweezers and then use a couple of turns on the starter with the plughs out to blow the grease clear into a piece of cloth.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club