Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated seats not working

Nick Arnold

Morning all, New to the group, so Hi 🖐️

I have a 2016 mk5 Mondeo vignale which upto not has been perfect, but recently the front heated seats have stopped heating up, the switch lights up and the fuse is ok, the wife has said this morning that she thinks the heated screen isn't working either.

The battery was replaced about 6 months ago, due to the car not being used very much and the start/stop function stopped working etc.

Is there a heating module on the car that controls the heating side of things? I havent checked on forscan yet to see if this function has disabled itself for some reason , but I will do this today.

Any help will be appreciated. Cheers😄

Have you measured the battery voltage at the terminals with a multimeter, one hour after it has been parked ?

Hi Unofix

I haven't no, what should Voltage be please? and is the time taken important or can it be at least an hour after being parked up?

Edited by Nick Arnold
adding question
  • Like 1

Time is not critical, 1 to 8 hours is best.

Voltage should be at least 12.32V

SOC.JPG

• Like 2

Best coarse of action would be to check with FORScan and see if there are any DTC's present.

• Like 1

Brilliant, thank you.....but whats a DTC?😁

Ok so I have checked on Forescan and found this error code-

1499201119_forescanseaterror.thumb.png.8c07bc8031ba61e6e81e3a0b7436654a.png

Is this the module with an open circuit? or is it an open circuit somewhere within the circuit? i.e. the heated seat pad?

More likely a partly unplugged connector or a damaged wire. Not the heated seat pads as that would not affect both seats and both bottom and back.

Failing that then a fault with the seat control module.

Do all the other controls work on the seat ok. As forscan seems to think you have contour seats , does that work ok? Heated seats are separate to the seat operations as far as I'm aware. Heated seats are controlled by the fcim. Front control interface module.

Yes all other functions of the seats work, all contours and massage, it is just the heater aspects that don't work on either

Check fuse F65 (20 Amp) Engine compartment fuse box (battery Junction Box).

Check fuse F12 (7.5 Amp) Passenger compartment fuse box.

I can upload the full Ford wiring schematics to my Google drive if they will be of help.

HS 119-5.JPG

HS 119-3.JPG

HS 119-1.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you, I did check F65 and that was ok, but was unaware of the F12 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club