Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ABS light on dash

Tonyn

The abs light has illuminated on the wifes 2006 1.4 Fusion.

I have plugged in an OBD reader hoping it would tell me if it was one of the wheel sensors, but it isnt detecting a fault.

Is there any way i can tell if its a wheel sensor fault and which one?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Being as the ABS light is on there should be a fault code. A generic reader may not be able to read it bur FORScan will if there is anything there.

• Like 1

Hope it does turn out to be something simple but abs pumps are failing on these cars. 

I had abs light appear on dash, my cheap obd reader didn't flag up anything.

Took it to my garage, old fella plugged in and it was revealed to be ABS pump, not difficult to replace just very awkward.

If it is pump ensure you get the correct one as there are differences, and it does not required coding to the car.

If it is pump you wont be happy about the price of a new one, so breakers or send the pump off for recon

I ended up after replacing pump with a spongy foot pedal even after bleeding so took it back to my garage again and they sorted it (free of charge for the scan and bleeding) ! but i have used them for 10 years plus, old fella and his son...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club