Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie here: DTC U2100 Park Assist Module

DannykEN7

Hi all, I’m new to this forum, so apologies in advance if this has been asked before.

I have a 2019 mk4, Focus ST-Line X.
My front and rear parking sensors stopped working. I had a good idea it was the module as it happened before and was replaced under warranty.
I bought a Vlinker cable and signed for the extended FORScan Licence.
A scan showed numerous faults for the PAM module.
So I bought a new module with exactly the same part number KU5T-15K866-CJ from ford and was pretty straight forward changing.
Now I have managed to get the sensors working again, although they seem to have a mind of their own, one minute they are going off like crazy with nothing near by, and the next they will be fine.
I configured the new module to the same values as the previous, and all DTC’s have cleared, except the DTC U2100 "Initial configuration not complete".
Please, could someone tell me where I am going wrong? 

Again, apologies if this has been covered. Thankyou 

06744572-4C35-4AF9-921D-4AB8FDE885B0.jpeg

12 hours ago, DannykEN7 said:

I configured the new module to the same values as the previous, and all DTC’s have cleared, except the DTC U2100 "Initial configuration not complete".

I've done a little research and from the looks of things I believe that your vehicle is based upon the 'ECC' config model whereby a set of common data is held in a section of the BCM's config data and other modules need to go through an initialisation/re-learn procedure to copy this into themselves if the data is changed, or if you install a new module. Failure to do this on a brand new module (thus the data it holds is blank) will be the cause of the U2100 code.

From your description it sounds as though you've just toggled some individual options to match the settings you had previously. I'd suggest that it might be more reliable to start with loading and writing the full As-Built config, then check that all of the individual settings match (they should unless you'd changed something).

After that then you should execute the init/re-learn function.

• Like 2

Hi mate, really appreciate the info. So to load the full as built, would I have to do that individually for each module, or is there a way to do it all at once?

Also what would be the procedure to init/re-learn?

Sorry if I sound a bit dumb. 😬

It's fine, I only have a limited understanding myself, having never actually done this before. (The desktop version of ForScan is only available for Microsoft Windows, which I don't have).

Sorry, by 'full' I just meant with respect to that one specific module, not for every module.

I'll try and walk you through it as best as I can, and perhaps someone else with more experience will step in with further help if needed...

1. Open up ForScan, select the programming/config option on the left panel, and then select the 'AS BUILT format' option for the module you replaced. You'll see a representation of all of the config data stored by that module. Don't worry about trying to understand it.
  2. Next go to this website (owned by ford) to get the As-Built data, first select your country if prompted, then enter your vehicle's VIN, you'll then be presented with your vehicle's As-Built data. You'll be given an option to download the complete set of data for all modules as a file, and also you'll be shown the raw data itself.
  3. One way you can then proceed is to just match up what is shown by ForScan with the relevant portions of the raw data shown on the website and manually make any necessary adjustments. Doing it this way, ForScan will be showing you a list of one or more 'module-block-page' indentifiers that look like '720-01-01', each with a set of associated data values next to them. For each identifier you'd simply need to find the matching one shown on the website, compare the associated values, and if any differ, adjust the values in the ForScan interface to match those on the website and then you'd use the 'write' buttons or the 'write all' button at the bottom to apply any changes to the module.
  4. Alternatively you can download the file that contains the values for all modules, then in ForScan I believe one of the buttons at the bottom will allow you to select that file, it will take the values from it that are relevant to the currently selected module and will update the displayed values with those from the file. Then you can use the 'write' buttons, or 'write all' button at the bottom to apply any changes to the module.

It is worth understanding that the alternative config interface that gives you a friendly list of options that you can modify will not necessarily allow you to modify every value stored in the module's config memory, whereas this alternative interface does. Thus setting up your new module using this more advanced interface may do a more thorough job.

As for performing the init/re-learn procedure (to retrieve the values that then need to be copied from the BCM), I unfortunately didn't see anything in the research I read yesterday to indicate where exactly this functionality is provided within ForScan. I presume that there must be a simple button to be clicked somewhere within the programming/config interface, perhaps within the 'as built' interface discussed above (try hovering over the buttons at the bottom and see what their tooltips say). Alternatively perhaps the button is only available when you select the BCM module (presumably in this case it would trigger a relearn on all modules), or maybe there's a special entry in the module list similar to the special one for adjusting mileage.

• Like 1

Ensure PAM is EXACTLY the same part number as the original

Ensure PAM is running the latest or same level firmware as the original one

download and install factory asbuilt to the new PAM

reset module

• Like 1

Wow, excellent response. Thankyou mate.

I’ve managed to get it all working. It was a case of uploading the firmware again using FORScan beta version.

it seemed that the firmware on the new module was corrupted, or something happened when I initially installed the module.

But sensors now working perfectly, and no DTC’s.

cheers guys for all your input, really appreciate it.

One other quick question, does anyone have a link to retrofitting the OEM reverse camera, with part numbers including harness, cables etc? I already have an aftermarket, but really want OEM, for better quality too.

cheers all

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DannykEN7 said:

One other quick question, does anyone have a link to retrofitting the OEM reverse camera, with part numbers including harness, cables etc? I already have an aftermarket, but really want OEM, for better quality too.

With a bit of searching in the Focus Forums, I'm sure there's a post on here of how to

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club