Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transmission Vent Reconnection 2010 Mk7 CJNKA

steveyeu22

Can anyone guide on where the other end of the pipe attached to this part should be attached? It has a clip partway down the pipe and the end just hangs down below the battery box as things stand.

Only idenfying mark is CJNKA and it clips near the radiator fan. I've found topics confirming its the transmission vent but looking for some guidance.

Where should the other end of the pipe attach and how would it attach?

How critical is it if it's not attached where it once was?

On 3/19/2023 at 7:34 PM, steveyeu22 said:

Can anyone guide on where the other end of the pipe attached to this part should be attached? It has a clip partway down the pipe and the end just hangs down below the battery box as things stand.

Only idenfying mark is CJNKA and it clips near the radiator fan. I've found topics confirming its the transmission vent but looking for some guidance.

Where should the other end of the pipe attach and how would it attach?

How critical is it if it's not attached where it once was?

Anyone had to fix this before?

3 minutes ago, steveyeu22 said:

Anyone had to fix this before?

No.  But, if it's just a transmission vent, it's not a critical part. The bigger problem now is that there will be an open hole somewhere on your gearbox that could potentially allow dust, dirt and grit in, which you really don't want in there.

Which gearbox do you have?

If it's this gearbox, there is a small black plastic pipe connector right in the middle of the 'box on this picture.  Just down and slightly right from the green bit.  I think that's where the vent will connect.

Picture 2 of 4

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

If it's this gearbox, there is a small black plastic pipe connector right in the middle of the 'box on this picture.  Just down and slightly right from the green bit.  I think that's where the vent will connect.

Picture 2 of 4

It's the five speed manual. Not sure if it being a diesel makes any difference. Will see if I can get the car jacked up and have a look.

In theory should I be able to attach the pipe back without needing to take anything apart?

4 minutes ago, steveyeu22 said:

It's the five speed manual. Not sure if it being a diesel makes any difference. Will see if I can get the car jacked up and have a look.

In theory should I be able to attach the pipe back without needing to take anything apart?

No need to jack the car up.  You can reach it from the top if it's the part I'm thinking of.  Probably need to remove the air intake pipe but that's easy enough.

55 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

No need to jack the car up.  You can reach it from the top if it's the part I'm thinking of.  Probably need to remove the air intake pipe but that's easy enough.

Do you mean the intake from the radiator itself or the short hose from the airbox to the turbo with the airflow sensor?

I will actually get under the bonnet when it's daylight and see what I can figure out. Looks like I may need a new breather as the loose pipe does not have the right angled part on it although it doesnt look to be split.

https://shop.ford.co.uk/products/ford-gearbox-breather-hose-tube-1

Slightly confused as car is 1.4 TDCi but engine bay layout is the same as images of the 1.6 engine which is making finding the right details more of a challenge.

11 hours ago, steveyeu22 said:

Do you mean the intake from the radiator itself or the short hose from the airbox to the turbo with the airflow sensor?

I will actually get under the bonnet when it's daylight and see what I can figure out. Looks like I may need a new breather as the loose pipe does not have the right angled part on it although it doesnt look to be split.

https://shop.ford.co.uk/products/ford-gearbox-breather-hose-tube-1

Slightly confused as car is 1.4 TDCi but engine bay layout is the same as images of the 1.6 engine which is making finding the right details more of a challenge.

If you take a picture of your engine bay and upload it here I'll confirm exactly what needs to be removed.

The right angled part may still be in the gearbox.

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

If you take a picture of your engine bay and upload it here I'll confirm exactly what needs to be removed.

The right angled part may still be in the gearbox.

I think I can see the right angled part down on top of the gearbox in the gap down the side of the battery box but not 100% sure. For some reason it's not letting me upload the photo at the moment will try on a different device later.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club