Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 mondeo auto parking brake trouble

black mondeo ghia

hi all i have a 2004 mondeo auto the gear stick keeps sticking in park. the button on the back wont press in. i can free this off by using the manual release through the hole in the consul. but although the gear stick is released this does not free off the parking brake itself.  i eventually got the gear stick free and working as it should so the parking brake was off. i am now having to leave the car in neutral and the spare key in the ignition.  when working properly a month back when putting into park applying handbrake with foot on the brake pedal there was a buzzing sound i presume so you can hear its working i no longer get this sound. 

any ideas? could it be the sensors on the brake pedal ? or even the spring on the button in the gear stick? oh and brake lights work ok.

any advice greatly appreciated.

john

The release mechanism on the shifter could be dirty or faulty, clean and lubricate

Or one of the brake pedal switches is faulty or out of adjustment

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 12:20 PM, DaveT70 said:

The release mechanism on the shifter could be dirty or faulty, clean and lubricate

Or one of the brake pedal switches is faulty or out of adjustment

thank you any idea how to get the gear stick off 

16 hours ago, black mondeo ghia said:

thank you any idea how to get the gear stick off 

The surround should pull off, check youtube but search ford fusion, same car in the USA

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club