Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ka titanium stop start unavailable newbie

Ttotsy

Hello, I’m super new to forums and have a frustrating question so please bear with me.
I have “stop start unavailable” consistently regardless of weather or any electrical items in use. I’ve replaced the battery and still get the same message. 
No fault codes present.

Would the outside temperature sensor affect stop start? (The other fault is passenger mirror inc temp sensor not working). Any ideas? 
many thanks.

1 hour ago, Ttotsy said:

Would the outside temperature sensor affect stop start? (The other fault is passenger mirror inc temp sensor not working). Any ideas? 

I'll try and keep this answer short.

There are approximately 114 different sensors and conditions that have to be achieved before Stop/Start will operate. It is designed to operate only when the vehicle thinks that it is appropriate and not when the driver thinks they would like it to.

Temperature,  both of the battery, the engine and the ambient are just 3 of the things that are checked. The battery State Of Charge (SOC) a favorite that many like to blame is just one of the 114 conditions. Even such things as the steering angle is taken in to account when the vehicle comes to a stand still. After all you wouldn't like the power steering switched off when you might have the wheels turned at a significant angle.

If you want to learn more on the subject just use the search facility on the forum and look for Start Stop.

• Like 1

Just to add, many of the conditions mentioned by @unofix are described in the owners manual, a copy of which can be downloaded from the Ford website if you don't have one:

https://www.ford.co.uk/support/owner-manuals

One of the conditions mentioned in the Ford manual is however "particularly low outside temperatures" so the faulty outside temp sensor might be significant.

NB: As you probably know, that generation of Ka is basically a Fiat 500 underneath so it could be worthwhile getting acquainted with a Fiat forum as an additional source of information, as well as on here. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

One of the conditions mentioned in the Ford manual is however "particularly low outside temperatures" so the faulty outside temp sensor might be significant.

NB: As you probably know, that generation of Ka is basically a Fiat 500 underneath so it could be worthwhile getting acquainted with a Fiat forum as an additional source of information, as well as on here. 

Agreed on both

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club