Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P204d adlue fault

Raynsranger
聽Share

Hi all I have the adblue fault code p204d, I followed the video where he strips out the loom in the wheel arch and I think I'm a little shocked at what I found but this is can not be part of the original wiring by ford unless I'm wrong.

The black wire was wrapped in tape can anyone enlighten me it's a 2016 wildtrak auto.

20230423_180054.jpg

44 minutes ago, unofix said:

Yes that is the normal factory wiring just the way Ford built it 馃憤

Looking at the state of the wiring in the connector I'd expect corrosion and or high resistance of the wires and connector pins.

Get some spray cans of Brake and Clutch cleaner and blast away all the muck. When everything is looking shiny and new get a good look at the individual wires and pins. Finally give the whole thing a spray with WD40 to help repel water in the future.

Connector.JPG

• Thanks 1

Hi thanks realised last night after I'd read your reply you'd zoomed in on the connector but I am still however bemused by the black wire that the goes to bare wire and into the silver sleeving, is this a resistor and if so surely there could have been a better location for it?聽

Will give it all a good clean today and see if thee are any issues.20230425_065706.thumb.jpg.1d3329949982dd867b3e0b7c3800fac0.jpg

It's a screen, like the kind you get on an aerial cable. It helps protect data signals on the Canbus network.

13 hours ago, unofix said:

It's a screen, like the kind you get on an aerial cable. It helps protect data signals on the Canbus network.

Got it 馃憤

After cleaning all the wires with brake cleaner and electrical contact cleaner the light remained on, this morning while driving it hit 150miles until no start and hey presto adblue level ok.

The truck has done this before when adblue went low and I refilled with 10litres the light remained on for a couple of days and I'm sure it may have reached the same amount of miles on the count down before going out.

so to conclude I don't know if what I did worked but will from now on top up adblue occasionally ( mainly when I remember).

Now I move on to the next issue.馃檪

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi again guys it's been a little while as I've been busy but annoyingly since pulling those wires, cleaning and retaping them I now get an intermittent fault with ABS, hill start and park pilot not working sometimes over bumps and sometimes just randomly, I've cleaned and reconnected connectors and removed the code once but wires were still exposed so I will try again but does anyone have any ideas or am I just going to be fault finding for the next month.

2 hours ago, Raynsranger said:

I now get an intermittent fault with ABS, hill start and park pilot not working

Those faults are very often caused by a low battery voltage.

Now assuming that your battery standing voltage is 12.60V and the fact the fault is intermittent I would suggest checking all of the chassis earth bond leads. A poor or corroded earth strap between the bodywork and the engine/gearbox could cause a momentary drop in voltage which would trigger the faults.

On 6/7/2023 at 10:34 AM, unofix said:

Those faults are very often caused by a low battery voltage.

Now assuming that your battery standing voltage is 12.60V and the fact the fault is intermittent I would suggest checking all of the chassis earth bond leads. A poor or corroded earth strap between the bodywork and the engine/gearbox could cause a momentary drop in voltage which would trigger the faults.

Great will have a look and keep you posted.

Your faults are probably still associated with that connector or another one similar and nearby.(hidden by the body)聽 Know some garages lift the rear body off to access the connectors and harness.聽

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2023 at 12:19 PM, iantt said:

Your faults are probably still associated with that connector or another one similar and nearby.(hidden by the body)聽 Know some garages lift the rear body off to access the connectors and harness

Hj all sorry slow response been busy, not had time to really look into this as the fault doesn't stop the truck driving or stopping as it should but once I've time I will keep you posted.

• 5 months later...

Hi all quick update, stripped the loom on the truck and found a broken wire, not an earth but the red/white going to the left wheel speed sensor. All is fixed and truck went through an mot no issues, I didn't take pics of the broken wire but I will put up a pic of where it broke. It seems this is a common issue with these.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club