Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nearside DRL not working

Phil7793
聽Share

Hi can anyone help with this issue please, I have changed bulbs and nothing, can not find any fuse that is for lighting at all! Is there none??聽

2018 galaxy. If you can help be great 馃憤 馃憣

Thanks in advance聽

Phil聽

The lighting is fully controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM) and are electronically protected from overload, hence there are no fuses.

Some models do have a fuse for the High Beam (Main Beam) but not for the dipped beam.

Is your model using the High Beam lamp as the DLR ?

6 minutes ago, unofix said:

The lighting is fully controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM) and are electronically protected from overload, hence there are no fuses.

Some models do have a fuse for the High Beam (Main Beam) but not for the dipped beam.

Thank you for fast repy,

Ah right, so where do I start to look? Is the BCM under the glove box? Do you have pinouts so I can test please?聽

Thanks.

Before jumping in to the BCM, which is not a place to visit unless last resort. Does your car have LED's for the DRL's or is it using the High Beam lamp for the DRL ?

Lamps.JPG

replacement.JPG

5 hours ago, unofix said:

Before jumping in to the BCM, which is not a place to visit unless last resort. Does your car have LED's for the DRL's or is it using the High Beam lamp for the DRL ?

Lamps.JPG

replacement.JPG

Hi it has the H15 bulbs, so the switching high beam type..聽

Are the high beams working as normal on both sides ?

I know you replaced the lamp, but it is still worth swapping the left and right lamps over encase this is a connector issue.

Hi yes both highs work. I have swapped over the bulbs, same thing. could it be a cable problem? Also u have noticed that the compass has not been working, could it be linked??聽

• Confused 1

Hi well, a strange thing has started, with engine on, only offside DRL is on, but once switch off, the nearside one comes on! So it is working but not at the right time? I have not touched anything with forscan. Can this be changed? Or is it a new BCM??聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club