Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Malfunction Warning Light With Tuning Box??

chaznik

Hi,

I have fitted a friends tuning box on my 1.6 Zetec Focus TDCI (59 reg). The Tuning box is a Rover Ron taken off a Mondeo Zetec S TDCI. It works fine on the Mondeo. For some reason, when I plug it onto mine, an Engine Malfuntion Warning Signal appears and it puts the car into limp mode. As soon as I take the tuning box off, the warning light clears and the car goes back to normal. Does anyone know whether this has something to do with this particular tuning box or will any tuning box fail to work with this car?

Please help.

:) Thanks

Not an expert on this but if it came off a mondeo it proberly had a bigger engine so it won't work on a 1.6, I wouldn't of thought.

Not an expert either. :blink: Does the tuning box have a knob or switch on it? If so have a play with the settings so you get an increase in performance and the engine malfunction light off. Other than that you may need a different tuning box.

if it was from a mondeo it must be the synergy 1 tuning box,this has most likly been programmed and has the cables for the mondeo,the company offer a upgrade service for around £10 so give them a ring.

http://tuning-diesels.com/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club