Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flywheel Conversion...wil It Work On My Model?

Lpool18

Hi there

I've been looking through the forum and can't really fined a definitive answer to this so hopefully some of you guys will be able to help me.

Ok, so I've got a 53 plate, 2.0ltr Zetec TDci 115bhp. I think the DMF is about to go. It's making a knocking noise when just when the clutch starts to bite until it's fully out and over the last few days has also developed a squeaking noise too...just like the breaks sqeaking.

So my question is, can a solid flywheel conversion kit be done on my car?

I was phoning around to get quotes today and one the people I spoke to said that it can't be done on the 115bhp. He said it can be done on the 90bhp and the 130bhp but not mine and then proceeded to quote me for a new DMF kit. Can anyone confirm this?

Any help would be appreciated guys, cheers.

Hi there

I've been looking through the forum and can't really fined a definitive answer to this so hopefully some of you guys will be able to help me.

Ok, so I've got a 53 plate, 2.0ltr Zetec TDci 115bhp. I think the DMF is about to go. It's making a knocking noise when just when the clutch starts to bite until it's fully out and over the last few days has also developed a squeaking noise too...just like the breaks sqeaking.

So my question is, can a solid flywheel conversion kit be done on my car?

I was phoning around to get quotes today and one the people I spoke to said that it can't be done on the 115bhp. He said it can be done on the 90bhp and the 130bhp but not mine and then proceeded to quote me for a new DMF kit. Can anyone confirm this?

Any help would be appreciated guys, cheers.

well according to eurocarparts, there is a conversion available for your car.

see here

well according to eurocarparts, there is a conversion available for your car.

see here

i wouldnt bother for one the conversion makes the car loud very loud the clutch will be stiffer and theres a lot of vibratuion through it not good if you try to sell it on many taxis had it done and reverted back to the dmf on the passats we did it a lot and nobody was ever happy with it ive heard 2 mondeos with it done and they are loud tractor loud and the guys hate it but theyve spent the cash so just have to put up with it

Thanks for your advice guys.

I think I'm just going to go for the DMF...I've just heard too many negative things about the conversion. Anything from it can't be done to what you've said about the noise and vibrations Artscot79.

A mate of mate sort of thing will fit the whole thing including clutch kit and starter motor for £150 so next thing is...I've been quoted £190 inc vat and delivery for the DMF. Not sure what the forum is like about mentioning names of sellers etc but can anyone let me know if this sounds good or where I could get one cheaper if at all possible?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club