Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Satnav search junction

alanfp

My Sync3 satnav in the car says I can search for a junction (especially useful for pinpointing my destination on a long road, and something I am used to doing in my previous car which was Sync 1) yet I haven't been able to work out how to do it yet.

Can anyone advise me how to do so please?

1 hour ago, alanfp said:

Can anyone advise me how to do so please?

See point 3 of the user instructions. For example set your destination as "A1(M) Junction 62"

https://www.ford.co.uk/support/how-tos/sync/sync-3/how-to-set-home-waypoints-and-favourite-locations-using-sync-3

Many thanks, but it says no matches found.  I tried "M11 junction 8" (nearer to me) and its best match was No.8 Junction St in Leeds - 150 miles away.

But what I was really hoping for (which my 11 yr old car could do) was:

Durham / Front Street / junction with Woodbine Place. 

It brought up all of the roads which crossed or met Front Street and then I could select the road required.

Maybe that function doesn't now exist???

• Like 1

I've now discovered how to find a junction of two roads:

I can use the voice control saying "Find a junction" (or something like that). It then asks for the town, then Street 1 then Street 2.

When I did that successfully, the destination was displayed with the two roads separated by a forward slash. So I realised that I can input by typing the two roads with a "/" between them... and it works. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, alanfp said:

So I realised that I can input the two roads with a "/" between them... and it works. 🙂

Well I thought everyone knew that !!! 🤣

Actually I didn't, so well done for figuring that out. I never use the voice function as it just always gets things wrong for me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club