Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrench /spanner on dash display

scf

Hi the dreaded  wrench appeared on my ford dash .i took it to get diagnostics and no code/fault could be found .the diagnostics tools used where top of the range .and they cleared the wrench for now but it will be back.my car is running spot on so i carnt think what the issue maybe .any suggestions guys!!

Get yourself set up with FORScan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scf said:

the diagnostics tools used where top of the range

Oh dear, the cost of a diagnostic tool in no way reflects its capability.

Now I have to admit that the diagnostic equipment used by a Ford dealer and costing several thousand pounds does an excellent job and is probably the very best that money can buy for carrying out diagnostics on a Ford vehicle. Since most of us are unable or unwilling to spend that kind of money then the next best equipment for diagnostic use on a Ford is FORScan which is free, or £12 for a licence. You will need of course a laptop or mobile phone to be able to use it. It will out preform "diagnostics tools used where top of the range" since it reads both the HS and the MS canbus and very importantly it reads Ford specific DTC's.

What exactly is that wrench/spanner thingy all about??

Hi wrench back on dash display!! Its seems to me that it is coming on display after being erased when i use start/stop (ford mondeo mk5).that is when it is happening maybe a coincidence any ideas guys .no diagnostics are picking up on the issue??

Hi wrench/spanner as shown up on my dash display AGAIN!  It seems to me when i use stop/start it triggers the wrench to appear or maybe it is just  a coincidence.i have had diagnostic's carried out three times by various garages and no code found.ford mondeo mk5.the car runs good with no issues

You won't find the code until you use a Ford dealership or the cheaper option of Forscan.  Just wasting time & money putting it through indy garages with generic OBD scanners.

5 hours ago, scf said:

various garages and no code found.ford

To be expected. Generic code readers including the very expensive ones like Snap-On mostly do not read both of the Ford Canbus systems, and usually do not read Ford specific DTC's. Options are use FORScan with a vLinker FS cable or go to a Ford dealer.

When i use stop start (ford mondeo) a wrench shows on my display .car runs good any ideas

17 minutes ago, scf said:

any ideas

Don't use Stop/Start. Problem solved 👍

12 minutes ago, scf said:

You say don't use stop/start which i am not ..as an experiment to see if that is the issue with wrench light i wont be using it.this wrench light as gone on and off for a while .when i say on off it has being reset

What is the stored DTC ?

6 minutes ago, scf said:

What is that dtc?

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 

Use FORScan and a vLinker FS cable to read the Ford DTC's that will be stored. It should point you in the right direction. 

3 minutes ago, scf said:

Dont have have it 

You will need to get the DTC in order to establish what it is than is causing the Spanner light to come on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club