Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key issues

mizz239

Hi peeps...OK so I have a problem with my spare key.  I have done the 4 turn ignition trick and the key fob locks and unlocks the doors, but the key, after putting in the ignition,  doesn't start the car and the red light on dashboard flashes....any ideas..thanks beforehand..

1 minute ago, mizz239 said:

so I have a problem with my spare key.

Transponder chip has not been programmed in to the car.

Is your car a 2006 model ? If so you might be able to programme the transponder in using FORScan (Licensed version £12) and a vLinker FS lead (£32).

• Like 1

As Uno says or find someone local with the kit.

Thanks I'll give that a try..it is the 2006 model focus, is the forscan through obd connector?

15 minutes ago, mizz239 said:

... is the forscan through obd connector?

Yes...

instead of the v-linker you could get away with using a modified ELM cable on a 2006

You could get lucky and try the 'official' Ford procedure... (You'll need 2 x original keys)

keycodingPATS.thumb.jpg.5f9771a7850f0a0f63c87e621782aca9.jpg

On 4/1/2024 at 9:03 PM, StephenFord said:

You could get lucky and try the 'official' Ford procedure... (You'll need 2 x original keys)

keycodingPATS.thumb.jpg.5f9771a7850f0a0f63c87e621782aca9.jpg

Thanks, will it work if I only have 1 x original key and another key (which is the one that doesn't start the car, but does open doors)?

3 minutes ago, mizz239 said:

will it work if I only have 1 x original key and another key

100% not !!

It only works if you have two separately coded keys that both can start the car. It won't even work if you have two keys that start the car but they are clones of each other.

That procedure was only intended to be used if you had two original keys that both start the engine.

• Like 1

FORscan is your best and cheapest option, you can wipe and recode up to 3 keys from memory via the PAT's system

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

you can wipe and recode up to 3 keys from memory via the PAT's system

Just a small word of caution. You can only do that on vehicles up to 2013. Sadly after that point in time FORScan is unable to programme the vehicle with new keys, due to the feature being removed for security reasons.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2024 at 9:43 AM, unofix said:

Just a small word of caution. You can only do that on vehicles up to 2013. Sadly after that point in time FORScan is unable to programme the vehicle with new keys, due to the feature being removed for security reasons.

Thanks as mines 2006 I should be having this issue then..

• Like 1

should'nt

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club