Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How much longer should keep my ecoboost fiesta?

Kieran67

Hello all,

I have a 100ps ecoboost fiesta from 2017. It's such great car to drive (love the torque) however I'm having second thoughts about trading it in, due to the 10 year wet belt change. Does it need to be changed on the 10th year? I have kept up with the serving and correct oil etc.... Currently has 44,000 mile on the clock. Would going for the 2nd generation ecoboost engine be a good move (2019/2020+)? or should go with another brand? Would love to here your thoughts! Thanks

I think you'll find every possible angle on the 1.0 ecoboost has been covered many times over if you do a search of the forum, as well as possible alternatives. 

Yes, 10 year MAXIMUM belt change applies. It may be prudent to bring it forward IF you are aiming to keep the car for the long term. If not, I would start having a look around. Bear in mind the revised ecoboost still has a wet belt for the oil pump drive with a max change interval of 10 years (still an expensive job).

Thanks Eric, I can see where you are coming from with the wet belt but it's a lot of money to spend on a 8, 9, 10 year old car. 

Unfortunately it seems to make financial sense to trade it in before then. I will see what others have to say.

If you are going to trade it in, just be very careful that whatever you buy does not have a wet belt engine.

Many cars are fitted with them, and many makes share engines (the Peugeot/Citroen 1.2 Puretech engine is commonly used in a range of makes & models). Do your research!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club