Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Galaxy

rbrown3

Can auto Door Locking be setup at all

Always nice to see a regular member back 🤣

Yes, but you will have to do it yourself using FORScan and a vLinker cable. Only takes about 10 minutes. The changes should be the same as my 2019 Focus.

galaxy.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 6:57 AM, rbrown3 said:

Can auto Door Locking be setup at all

Yes you can as above. I have done so in my GalaxyIMG_1551.thumb.jpeg.47a4df0787b2bff5c80893c6df6445f6.jpeg

Edited by Jim3797
Typo
  • Like 1

I have not seen this menu on mine at all

28 minutes ago, rbrown3 said:

have not seen this menu on mine at all

You won't have that menu on your car unless you use FORScan to activate it by making the changes I posted above. 

• Like 3

Thank you, either I get forscan + programme or ask the dealer to add when it is in for next service I suppose

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, rbrown3 said:

or ask the dealer to add

....and Good Luck with getting the dealer to do it, Ford would probably just take the franchise off them.

If I was to get a forscan there are many different forscan link units which one would you suggest as there are many different prices

There are only 3 versions of FORScan. One for a windows laptop, one for android phone, and one for an iPhone.

On 4/7/2024 at 8:59 PM, unofix said:

FORScan (for use with Windows Laptop) : https://forscan.org/download.html

It's what many Ford owners use including some Ford technicians.

vLinker FS, cable for laptop: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-vLinker-Adapter-FORScan-MS-CAN/dp/B0952P4MLP

vLinker FD, for android phone: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-Bluetooth-vLinker-Scanner-Diagnostic/dp/B08H82WC8L

vLinker FD+, for iPhone: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-Bluetooth-vLinker-Scanner-Diagnostic/dp/B08H8JHWP2

OK I have got vLinker MC+ now trying to find the best software / app to use on my 2019 Galaxy on the app too many apps to choose from some work others do not, great will get there sometime I hope

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, rbrown3 said:

OK I have got vLinker MC+ now trying to find the best software

Normally we always recommend the use of FORScan as it is almost as good as the Ford dealers software, but as far as I know it only supports iPhone using the adapter vLinker FD+ which has been developed for FORScan.

Of course as I've previously said, you can only make programme changes using a Windows Laptop and the hardwired cable vLinker FS. FORScan prohibits the use of any bluetooth device to make programme changes.

• Like 1

Does that apply to WIFI connections as well as bluetooth

2 hours ago, rbrown3 said:

Does that apply to WIFI connections as well as Bluetooth

Wi-Fi Adaptors are generally slower than bluetooth ones, FORScan do not recommend them for anything, including non programming work and Tunnel rat stopped selling them a while ago because they do not work well enough.

They may or may not have found a better supplier now but I would not recommend that you use them for anything. 

• Like 1

OK I have ordered the cable type that was recommended above, it says before changing any setting do a back up of existing configuration, is there one for backing up the whole setup in all the control boxes or do you have to do them 1 by 1

On 5/26/2024 at 10:24 AM, rbrown3 said:

OK I have ordered the cable type that was recommended above, it says before changing any setting do a back up of existing configuration, is there one for backing up the whole setup in all the control boxes or do you have to do them 1 by 1

I would say it’s best practice to do it one by one so you know where the files are saved to and you can modify the file names for your reference eg APIM IPC etc. 

Can someone help please. I cannot get the invitation code or be able to contact Admin all I can see is  ( At this moment registration on our forum is only available to paid FORScan users (users, purchased any of paid FORScan products: Extended License, FORScan Lite for iOS or Android). The invitation code is provided in the confirmation email you receive after purchase. If you are a paid FORScan product license owner, need invitation code and have no one, please feel free to contact our support team about it.

4 minutes ago, rbrown3 said:

Can someone help please. I cannot get the invitation code or be able to contact Admin all I can see is  ( At this moment registration on our forum is only available to paid FORScan users (users, purchased any of paid FORScan products: Extended License, FORScan Lite for iOS or Android). The invitation code is provided in the confirmation email you receive after purchase. If you are a paid FORScan product license owner, need invitation code and have no one, please feel free to contact our support team about it.

It seems confusion when it says get a free trial but to get this you have to register on the forum but to do this you have to pay for a licence am I missing something

• Sad 1

I now see this 

Information

The board administrator contact page has been disabled.

FORScan is free for use on a windows laptop. There is no requirement to register to use the free version. If you want to use the free trial of the extended licence then you do register. Since FORScan is Russian and currently there seems to a bit of a 'tizzy'  between Russia and others then I think the free licence has been suspended just until we're all friends again 😉

32 minutes ago, unofix said:

FORScan is free for use on a windows laptop. There is no requirement to register to use the free version. If you want to use the free trial of the extended licence then you do register. Since FORScan is Russian and currently there seems to a bit of a 'tizzy'  between Russia and others then I think the free licence has been suspended just until we're all friends again 😉

Thank you for the information I was told to get the 2 month trail version then I have to register on the forum ( and to do that I have to have pay to get a code so I do have to pay) the reason I want to use it is to use the auto locking when driving. It seems a year licence is only £12 which is not to bad but only need to use it once-over 

• Like 1

Ok guys I got all the bits and Prog, looked at many Youtube Videos about auto locking, Then I connected the lot to my car and chicken out mine looks different, so here is what I am asking looking at the pictures What I want to do is save the configuration and change the auto locking anyone talk me through it or should I give up.

20240605_143141.jpg

20240605_143300.jpg

20240605_143340.jpg

20240605_143401.jpg

On 6/5/2024 at 2:49 PM, rbrown3 said:

Ok guys I got all the bits and Prog, looked at many Youtube Videos about auto locking, Then I connected the lot to my car and chicken out mine looks different, so here is what I am asking looking at the pictures What I want to do is save the configuration and change the auto locking anyone talk me through it or should I give up.

20240605_143141.jpg

20240605_143340.jpg

20240605_143401.jpg

2nd picture is the ASBUILT data, leave that one alone, but take a backup. 
Make sure you you are in the IPC menu. There is a blank search box type in lock it will shorten down the list select auto lock and change it to enabled.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club