Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Alloy Size

S.Davidson

I currently have standard 16" alloys on my mondeo with a 55mm profile tyre. Will upgrading to 19" alloys with a 35mm profile tyre affect anything on the car? e.g fuel, speedo. Oh and by the way im new to this website.

Thanks very much.......Sam

Hi Sam

No, not really, or not enough for you to notice.

The only thing will be a decline in ride comfort, as the bigger wheels and lower profile tyres will not absorb the bumps in the road as much as your standard items.

As long as the entire circumference of the wheel is no different you will be fine, however people can often forget this. The speedo may need to be reprogrammed by Ford if your circumference is different, its normally out by a few mp anyway, but if your out by a few more, it could mean the difference between you doing 30 according to the speedo, and the camera van catching you at 34!

It doesnt happen often but I have seen it happen before!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club