Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb + Bluetooth Problem

RobL

Hi Guys,

Been reading the forums for a little while but this is my first post....

I have done a search but not found the same problem so apologies if its been discussed before.

I picked up my mk7 titanium on monday, must say very nice car but... has anyone had problems with bluetooth when a USB stick is inserted, to start with it all worked fine, i have a tiny 16GB USB stick (basically a stub) which i keep plugged in and it works fantastically but i have noticed that occasionally the bluetooth will not sync with my phone, if i take the USB stick out it then connects, put it back in and it disconnects, if i do it a couple of times it seems to work fine again. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Cheers

Ok, so i dont know if anyone is interested but after playing with the car for a while and trying different things, it appears that the problem only occurs when I set the USB stick to shuffle, it works fine when i first turn shuffle on but if i turn the engine off while shuffle is on, the next time i start the car the bluetooth will not work until the USB stick is removed, then the only way i can seem to be able to stop the problem is to insert a different usb stick (seems to clear any memory of the shuffle).

Anyone else had/have this problem? Is there anyway to see the firmware version so i can call ford and see if there is an update? havent really got time to go down there on the off chance.

Thanks

That is an odd problem.

My usb stick is a standard size one so I've always removed it encase someone catches a glimpse of it and thinks its worth breaking in for, so have never noticed the issue you've had. Sorry.

As for the firmware, I don't recall seeing anything on the menu for checking your version, I could be wrong though.

Would be interested to hear if you can...

Ok, so i dont know if anyone is interested but after playing with the car for a while and trying different things, it appears that the problem only occurs when I set the USB stick to shuffle, it works fine when i first turn shuffle on but if i turn the engine off while shuffle is on, the next time i start the car the bluetooth will not work until the USB stick is removed, then the only way i can seem to be able to stop the problem is to insert a different usb stick (seems to clear any memory of the shuffle).

Anyone else had/have this problem? Is there anyway to see the firmware version so i can call ford and see if there is an update? havent really got time to go down there on the off chance.

Thanks

Keep plugging and unplugging the USB stick till it works, usually takes 4or5 attempts.

Your find the problem will eventually go away after a few weeks. Had similar sort of problem when I had my first fiesta.

2011fiesta, I couldn't see anything about it either, just wondered if there was a hidden menu or anything that anyone knew of.

Thanks igglepiggle, i always have another usb stick on my keys for work so only need to swap once but its still a pain and you shouldn't have to do it. Apart from that though im very impressed with the stereo and bluetooth, easy to use and very good sound quality for a standard bit of kit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club