Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaking Brakes

Nicola 88

Everytime I brake I hear a very high pitched noise, it only happens when the brakes are pushed about half way down and its occurring more and more often now (only used to happen once in a blue moon). Not really sure what could be causing this so do I need to take the car in and have it looked at??

Thanks,

Nicola

Well thats what I thought but then I have only done about 3000 miles in it from new, so I don't think they wear down that quickly! at least I hope not :/

Hi Nicola,

I had a similar problem myself a couple of months ago. I noticed that on cold mornings my brakes had a high pitched squeaking noise when pulling to a slow halt. After inspection at the dealership they changed my brake pads (I had only done 3k) anyway that stopped the noise for about a week, then it returned!

Anyway I have accepted it as something to do with brake dust build up and cold weather as the noise has now gone away with the warmer tempewratures of late.

It is worth getting them to check it out though.

Geoff.

Now you have mentioned it, it does only occur when the temperatures are really low. Its something I can live with but I just worry that whatever is causing the noise isn't good for the car. I will keep an eye on it, think I have to take a trip to ford about a few other things so will bring it up :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info!

i have the same problem took it back to the dealers and was told it was a design problem with the brake pads but would not be a safety issue.but i could change them if i wanted to at a fee.it only happens at 20mph or below.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club