Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Jack

mikeo

Quick question.

I've done a search but still a little unsure.

Not happy that my new MK7 did not have a full size spare, I bought a full size alloy O/L and put a new tyre on. But still stuck with no jack. I have asked my local dealer but he was a bit vague about it. So was just wondering if I need a specific Ford jack for the Fiesta, or will any scissor jack do? It looks like the original is just designed to slot over the sill joint. So it looks like a generic one should do.

Thanks in advance.

You need a scissor jack with a slot in the top of it . so the sill lip will slot in it that is what i got ant work ok

To be honest i will never use a scissor jack.

I always carry a proper trolley jack in the boot and jack off the chassis in and adequate position.

So much safer and quicker, and considering you can buy a brand new trolley jack for £20 or less, its a no brainer for me.

Yep... I had looked on eBay but was put off by another post that I had seen saying that the jack for the MK7 was somehow "different". Not sure if anything in that comment though.

Thanks though.

I always carry a proper trolley jack in the boot and jack off the chassis in and adequate position.

So much safer and quicker, and considering you can buy a brand new trolley jack for £20 or less, its a no brainer for me.

You make a good point. I'll have to have a look how big they are, as there's a fair bit of stuff in my boot at the best of times.

Thanks.

At least with a scissor jack you do not need to tack off the jacking covers on the side skirts and risk damage to them

I'd agree with this also, you'll get a better jack for your money, which might make a difference should you ever need to use it.

Saying that, I have the standard jack in my boot, because it came with it. It wouldn't be my first choice if I had to purchase it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club