Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speedo/dash Removal Help

mondeotdcichris

hi please can someone tell me how the speedo (clocks) are removed as i have lots of bulbs blown, i have been told the dash had to be removed??

is this true and if so please can someone guide me on how to remove it, car is mondeo 2004tdci cheers in advance

I dont think the dash has to come out(well I didnt take mine out), the two lower panels at the sides of the steering wheel have to be removed (screws and clips) to get access to screws holding the clock(s) surround in place then it's a couple of clips holding the top of the same panel, once you get that out of the way theres 4 screws holding the clocks in place, then just slide the clocks out,the plug at the back comes out via two metal clips, fold these downwards and it pulls the connector out, NOTE make sure your keys are not in the ignition when you unplug the clocks,make sure your keys are not in the ingnition when you plug the clocks back in.

Once you have changed the bulbs that need changing and putting the clocks back into the dash, connect the plug at the back and try your dash lights are working before !Removed! it all back together, then turn your ignition on, your speedo and rev counter needles and gauges will go all the way (as far as they can) and back (this frightened me when I saw it happening to my car) but this is the ecu setting the clocks back NO it dont affect your mileage but will reset your trip meter to 0 and will set the outside temp to Frahnight instead of Celceaus, to change the outside temp back you just simply press and hold the button.

If anybody thinks I've got any of this wrong please feel free to correct me.

I dont think the dash has to come out(well I didnt take mine out), the two lower panels at the sides of the steering wheel have to be removed (screws and clips) to get access to screws holding the clock(s) surround in place then it's a couple of clips holding the top of the same panel, once you get that out of the way theres 4 screws holding the clocks in place, then just slide the clocks out,the plug at the back comes out via two metal clips, fold these downwards and it pulls the connector out, NOTE make sure your keys are not in the ignition when you unplug the clocks,make sure your keys are not in the ingnition when you plug the clocks back in.

Once you have changed the bulbs that need changing and putting the clocks back into the dash, connect the plug at the back and try your dash lights are working before !Removed! it all back together, then turn your ignition on, your speedo and rev counter needles and gauges will go all the way (as far as they can) and back (this frightened me when I saw it happening to my car) but this is the ecu setting the clocks back NO it dont affect your mileage but will reset your trip meter to 0 and will set the outside temp to Frahnight instead of Celceaus, to change the outside temp back you just simply press and hold the button.

If anybody thinks I've got any of this wrong please feel free to correct me.

cheers for your help ill remove it when i get 2 mins later on, many thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club