Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Cap

SOrchard

I've noticed that the push-to-open fuel cap on my MK7 is getting a bit stiff and seems to have moved slightly so that it catches the edge furthest away from the hinge. Is it adjustable in anyway or is it about to break or fall off?

Also, though not a problem, one of the diesel nozzles in Tesco in Rugby wouldn't go in, making me think that maybe some light fingered so and so had been at it and bent it, the filler that is, not the pump! It's not happened since at different pumps so it's probably a rouge one or something...

The filler cap is flimsy and does not fit as it did when new. The filler neck is also abysmal. More often than not the delivery of fuel is severly hampered.

You just get used to it.

The filler cap catching is a known fault and Ford's fix is to cut of the top latch

fillercap.jpg

For the filler itself, can you open it using the funnel/adaptor in the boot?

Just diving in here, but nice one with that image - mine sticks as well and doesn't spring open when pressed so it looks like I have a fix now :lol:.

Cheers iNath. I'll try that next time I see the car in daylight! As to the filler, it was only that one pump as far as I can tell, it worked fine at a different filling station. I did think about using the filler adapter, but only after I'd driven off in a huff!

The filler cap catching is a known fault and Ford's fix is to cut of the top latch

sounds about right- if in doubt, slice it off :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club