Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2.2 St Tdci

DAM13N

Hi guys,

I'm currently driving a Focus Ghia 1.8TDCI 115BHP, i am now looking at the Mondeo 2.2 ST TDCI 155BHP. I know its a common failing fault with the dual mass flywheel on the TDCI's engines.

What if anything do i need to look out for when buying a mondeo, common faults/ issues?

Many Thanks

In advance

Damien

so far ive replaced the crank pulley on mine - these are known to rattle at idle

also replaced the thermostat housing on the right hand side of the engine (as you look at it) - might be worth having a quick look at this to make sure its dry. (cost me £50 for the part)

usual diesel stuff really, dmf and the injectors. make sure it runs nice and smooth, no excessive smoke on start up etc

also worth a look at the exhaust to see if its original, im on my second one but beware that the originals are very hard to come by now, they snap just where the pipe is welded to the backbox.

have a good look at the wheels, these are a nightmare for corroding - ive had mine powder coated as the original finish is absolute rubbish

EGR valves are a nightmare on these too... i know 2 people that have had more than 1 replaced on each car...

EGR valves are a nightmare on these too... i know 2 people that have had more than 1 replaced on each car...

At some point in my cars history the egr has been replaced...bill here for £360! but i had the egr off a couple of months ago and it was actually quite clean inside - quite surprised. will probably take mine off every six months just to give it a quick clean before it does actually get bad.

Yup, i unfortunately didnt get to mine in time... i had a Cackload of soot and sludge in mine... cleaned it, and then it died... only think i can think is that i pushed some dirt further in, thus !Removed! it up completely!

Yup, i unfortunately didnt get to mine in time... i had a Cackload of soot and sludge in mine... cleaned it, and then it died... only think i can think is that i pushed some dirt further in, thus !Removed! it up completely!

doesn't sound good. I know that some people have had issues with the valve snapping off inside..

yeah, i noticed the car was smoking its !Removed! off.. so i thought, ill get a can of that wynns egr cleaner, and give it a go... so i took it to my mates garage, and we stripped it out, dug as much gunge out as we could, and then used the EGR cleaner... worked great for about 300miles lol! then i noticed the smoke coming back... and then i ended up on the hard shoulder of the M6 late one friday evening lol!

yeah, i noticed the car was smoking its !Removed! off.. so i thought, ill get a can of that wynns egr cleaner, and give it a go... so i took it to my mates garage, and we stripped it out, dug as much gunge out as we could, and then used the EGR cleaner... worked great for about 300miles lol! then i noticed the smoke coming back... and then i ended up on the hard shoulder of the M6 late one friday evening lol!

Disaster lol

egr cleaner is not something i have ever bothered with... i cant see how it can possibly get all the crud out as its normally pretty stubborn!

yeah i wont bother now!!

Best thing ive seen to keep it clean, is when people have fitted water/meth injection to get more oomph... It almost steam cleans the engine!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club