Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ka Radio Display Fault

Glasgow_Mike

Hi,

Just swapped out my friends battery in a 54' plate Ka as there have been issues with the car starting and the alternator was changed not long ago.

Anyway long story short, the radio will light up but there is no prompt on the screen for the code to be entered, any ideas why this might be and any possible fix? I can get the SN etc to display when I hold the 1 and 6 keys down but that is all so far. The radio unit is one of those 6000 rds models that are integrated into the dash.

Was raining when I changed it (car had to be used so couldn't wait any longer), could that be anything to do with it? Was thinking about disconnecting the battery next chance I get for 30 mins or so to reset everything, I work in IT so figure this is as good as the old switch it off and back on again trick :D

Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

I resurected a 53 plate KA that had been standing 6 months and it did the same, just drive about for a few days without the radio working then it suddenly came back to life :)

I resurected a 53 plate KA that had been standing 6 months and it did the same, just drive about for a few days without the radio working then it suddenly came back to life :)

Thanks for your response Tom. Disconnected the battery for 20 mins yesterday and when I reconnected it the radio was functioning again.

God I love how switching things off and back on again fixes almost everything, if only I could do that with my brain once in a while :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club