Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loud noise and vibration

barnsleydan

I have a 2000 focus 1.8 zetec and when going anything above 10mph really it sounds like it's revving really high when it is'nt. It's especially loud when going downhill and it also causes vibration (not on the steering wheel and gearknob but just on floor). It sometimes feels asthough the car is taking itself for a while. Any ideas what it could be?

I have a 2000 focus 1.8 zetec and when going anything above 10mph really it sounds like it's revving really high when it is'nt. It's especially loud when going downhill and it also causes vibration (not on the steering wheel and gearknob but just on floor). It sometimes feels asthough the car is taking itself for a while. Any ideas what it could be?

Revving? Are you actually on about engine sound, or some other whirring noise?

I'd be jacking the back end up and seeing if there's any play in the rear wheels first off. Do this before you drive it again as it could be dangerous.

Without knowing more details about this 'noise' I'd be looking for a severely knackered wheel bearing at this stage. Check the front too, but if you're getting vibration through the floor and not the steering wheel, its most likely trouble at the back.

Revving? Are you actually on about engine sound, or some other whirring noise?

I'd be jacking the back end up and seeing if there's any play in the rear wheels first off. Do this before you drive it again as it could be dangerous.

Without knowing more details about this 'noise' I'd be looking for a severely knackered wheel bearing at this stage. Check the front too, but if you're getting vibration through the floor and not the steering wheel, its most likely trouble at the back.

Sounds good to me, welcome to the club fellow Barnsley bloke

Cheers for replys, i had it to garage today who at first thought it was bearings but ruled that out after putting it on ramps. Forgot to mention i put some new 17" alloys on and garage said it could be to do with cheap budget tyres. He swapped front and back wheels round and it seems to have made it a bit more bearable.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club