Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Not Starting

Hedkandi86

Helpppp! I wanted to add footwell lights to the front of my car, so I bought all the stuff I required. I've just got the ignition ring light, so I Thought ill test it through the ceiling light, so connected it up by swapping the wires around. As soon as I connected it my car doors locked by it self. Then I went to try it and the ring light stayed lit regardless of me turning the car on, so went to start my engine an now my engine keeps cutting out. All the electrics come on but the car won't start.

Worst case you fried one of the on board computers. Best case you blew a fuse, I would pull each fuse and inspect them. If they are all good then try unhooking your battery for 30 mins and see if that resets the module. Next when you go to put your lights in get a volt meter and test your wires before you connect to them. I would recommend hooking in to your parking light wire

My car has started fine now, I think it's because I swapped the normal ceiling light to a hid light. The car started fine and the ring light was coming on fine and wasn't locking by itself

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club