Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lenny

Also, another plus of blanking the EGR is that the lag that is usually present in 1st gear will be gone.

I would love to see a C-Max modified with rims, lowered and bodykit!

+1

Coilovers on 19" ST style rims, blacked out windows

Cruise Max :lol:

• Like 1

Widebody added to that with dual exhaust and a massive rear wing! Also, ditch the engibe and get a detuned F1 v8, mounted in the middle. Ultimate sleeper lol

• Like 1

Widebody added to that with dual exhaust and a massive rear wing! Also, ditch the engibe and get a detuned F1 v8, mounted in the middle. Ultimate sleeper lol

and a disabled badge on rear to finish off the sleeper look :)
  • Like 1

Hello,

i've got a 1.8 TDCI focus 2.5 from 2008.

Its build for belgium and is imported to germany (i'm german).

I know that the 1.6 and 2l engine is different to the old 1.8 engine, but is the egr the same so this guide works for me too?

i hope so <.< i want this modification too!

great guide by the way!!

If yours is the Lynx engine then it's easier to fit than on the 1.6 or 2.0.

To tell what engine you have search for Ford Etis and enter your registration or VIN.

This will pull up all build data for your vehicle.

If yours is the Lynx engine then it's easier to fit than on the 1.6 or 2.0.

To tell what engine you have search for Ford Etis and enter your registration or VIN.

This will pull up all build data for your vehicle.

Yes, its the Lynx.

Just for my Knowledge, i thought there are just 2 types of Diesel Engines? Just the old (from Mk1, with other Software) Lynx and the new (PSA?) 1.6 and 2.0. Is that correct?

My Focus (without VIN):

focus_etis.jpg

Pretty much yes.

The Lynx egr is easy to do.

You just need to remove the wiper arms and scuttle panels then two bolts to loosen.

Slip the plate in between the gasket and egr body and refit parts.

• Like 1

Pretty much yes.

The Lynx egr is easy to do.

You just need to remove the wiper arms and scuttle panels then two bolts to loosen.

Slip the plate in between the gasket and egr body and refit parts.

Okay thanks a lot!

Plate from this guide is the correct one, right?

I've not bothered fitting mine... Id like to, but I feel that my journeys atm are quite short and it's not easy to get the thing to warm up (water temp wise) and sticking the plate in will make matters worse :/

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

• Like 1

That looks good to me.

As long as it's not made of foil, aluminium or got the pointless hole in it you should be good.

• Like 1

That looks good to me.

As long as it's not made of foil, aluminium or got the pointless hole in it you should be good.

Okay, great I'll order this one :) thank you!

Hi ! Joke of the day !! :D I tried to fit my blanking plate, and when i try to put it on i saw there was another on the EGR :D BUT !! very important, to clean the MAF Sensor !!! I cleaned it with special MAF sensor cleaner and after that the power camed back. NO lags, no RPM changing. So Lenny, this is a very good description, and THX for help but please complete this with the MAF sansor cleaning :)

• Like 1

Hi ! Joke of the day !! :D I tried to fit my blanking plate, and when i try to put it on i saw there was another on the EGR :D BUT !! very important, to clean the MAF Sensor !!! I cleaned it with special MAF sensor cleaner and after that the power camed back. NO lags, no RPM changing. So Lenny, this is a very good description, and THX for help but please complete this with the MAF sansor cleaning :)

Do ye want guide on how to open a milk carton too????

• Like 3

I would like that very much, do your irish cartons have something special :p

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lenny, your guide to fitting egr blanking plate was spot on it only took an hour from start to finish. As my egr valve was playing up before I started the blanking plate hasn't seemed to make any difference have you any advice on what I can try next :)

• Like 1

Hi lenny, your guide to fitting egr blanking plate was spot on it only took an hour from start to finish. As my egr valve was playing up before I started the blanking plate hasn't seemed to make any difference have you any advice on what I can try next :)

Hi Simon,

Thanks for feedback mate,

Blanking the egr stops the flow but

Unfortunatly blanking the egr doesnt stop the valve functioning meaning it can still fail and cause errors even though its not doing any function.

In this case i would search for a tuner whom can perform "egr delete" this will stop all communication with the egr valve

So after i had my "TÜV" (German MOT-Test) today, i fitted my blanking Plate to my Car :-)!

I just wanna thanks the guy who did this guide. never thought this modification would do such a different ... its just great :D! Took me about 35 Minutes (incl. test drive).. Easy to do on the 1.8

Here are some pictures for the guys who have a 1.8 TDCI!

IMPORTANT: I have a 1.8 TDCI! Pictures are not from the smaller engine!

agr_3.jpgagr_2.jpgagr_1.jpg

So after i had my "TÜV" (German MOT-Test) today, i fitted my blanking Plate to my Car :-)!

I just wanna thanks the guy who did this guide. never thought this modification would do such a different ... its just great :D! Took me about 35 Minutes (incl. test drive).. Easy to do on the 1.8

Your welcome Daniel,

You may also now consider induction filter upgrade see link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

My full list of guides can be viewed on my profile page:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/user/14733-lenny/

Or if your using the forum App follow this link:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/

Your welcome Daniel,

You may also now consider induction filter upgrade see link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

already informed me about that but i dont what an oiled one... and its expensive :pp

the pipercross is without oil but 81€ is really expensive (about 55 £)

and the k&n needs to be oiled again :p

i dont wanna buy a no name :/

I have a question, My cooler attached to the egr keeps cracking and leaking air.

Does the exhaust gas pass throught that before it reaches the egr or is the airflow the other direction.

Instead of spending another 30 pounds on a cooler can i block the air from enterting the cooler in any way?

Even if i make my own plate.

I have a question, My cooler attached to the egr keeps cracking and leaking air.

Does the exhaust gas pass throught that before it reaches the egr or is the airflow the other direction.

Instead of spending another 30 pounds on a cooler can i block the air from enterting the cooler in any way?

Even if i make my own plate.

The waste gasses pass through from the drivers side of the cooler in to the egr valve,

You will need to have it banked further back, this will require a bespoke blanking plate to be fitted in a location before the gasses reach the cooling chamber.

Perfect, what is the best material to make the plate from?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club