Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion locks but wont unlock

stuartadair

05 Plate Fusion. Central locking on key only. Central locking works fine for locking but not unlocking. No change on either front door.

Dashboard switch not working for boot.

When I earth black/red and black/white wires on drivers side door the system works fine - Help Please !!!

05 Plate Fusion. Central locking on key only. Central locking works fine for locking but not unlocking. No change on either front door.

Dashboard switch not working for boot.

When I earth black/red and black/white wires on drivers side door the system works fine - Help Please !!!

Plan B is I've got a generic central locking control unit off eBay. There are 6 control wires on the instructions

For locking

Orange - normally closed

White - common

Yellow - Normally open

For unlocking

Orange black - normally closed

White - common

Yellow black- Normally open

Can anyone offer any ideas where to wire this in ?

Stu

Have you checked ALL of the fuses on the vehicle? Does the boot unlock button on the remote keyfob work? (make sure to push it twice)

Which wires are you earthing? And do you mean the remote keyfob then locks and unlocks?

Evening,

If I pull the connector off on the drivers door A post and earth the black/red then the doors lock, and the black/white wires then the doors unlock just as they should.

Using the key in either the driver or passengers door will lock the car ok but it wont unlock all the doors when you turn the key.

As far as I can see there is only the 1 fuse running the central locking - Am I right ?

Cheers

Stu

Hmm, I understand the problem now but I'm not experienced enough to know what's causing this mate.

Does the GEM module control the central locking? I'd suspect a fault with that as neither door lock is activiating the global lock. It is worth checking all of the fuses but if the car is unlocking correctly I can't see it being a blown fuse.

Maybe disconnect the battery overnight to clear any memory in the GEM module?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club