Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Snagglepuss Build Thread Lenny's New Whip

Lenny

noticed all the dash is apart, but the stereo remains....... class lol. nice work lenny ;)

• Like 1

Im this time of stress and hard labour the first thing on his mind is Vicki and getting the path to her back door clear again :wub:

• Like 2

Im this time of stress and hard labour the first thing on his mind is Vicki and getting the path to her back door clear again :wub:

That could be read differently you know ;)

• Like 2

Im this time of stress and hard labour the first thing on his mind is Vicki and getting the path to her back door clear again

And so it should be...cant imagine Leo doing school run with me at home with leg in plaster after falling off 7foot wall lol

]

That could be read differently you know

Pmsl. ..Clive. ..eugh he will never get my back door!! ! Lol

• Like 1

question is will Vicki take it two ways :lol:

noticed all the dash is apart, but the stereo remains....... class  lol. nice work lenny ;)

Thanks mate :lol: I like listening to music while working, also helps prevent neighbors from asking what you're doing :p

Im this time of stress and hard labour the first thing on his mind is Vicki and getting the path to her back door clear again  :wub:

I realized yesterday when the door access was blocked: how nice it is at times to see Vicki going out through it :ph34r:

question is will Vicki take it two ways :lol:

If you're not careful you'll be sleeping in the car.

• Like 1

Car! !! Clive he has to get home from work first...he will be walking the 20km home

• Like 1

If you're not careful you'll be sleeping in the car.

Car! !! Clive he has to get home from work first...he will be walking the 20km home

+1

I'm in work at the moment,

Logging on during my break via the forum app on the Vodafone smartphone Vicki bought me for my birthday, said goodbye to the 6yr old Nokia 6303 that was the camera for all my guides god bless its little 2.1mp lens :lol:

From now on my pictures will be 5.2mp thanks to Vicki whom I hope collects me from work later :unsure:

Update:

Got home from work and there was a post missed delivery leaflet in the hall,

Much like Charlie with his golden ticket in Willywonka, I drove to those local post office depot

To my surprise it was of course the replacement air vents that had been dispatched yesterday,

Clever using a milk bottle top to protect a pertruding clip :)

Thankfully all arrived 100% condition

25 Euro for all three,

Here they are:

IMG_20140128_162800_zpsgtrt838_edit_1390IMG_20140128_162750_zpsaxtfdim_edit_1390IMG_20140128_162806_zpssndgnpd_edit_1390

Now here's the old vents as they were in the car.

IMG_20140128_163242_zpsjxcffsq_edit_1390

Here's the replacement vents :D well pleased I'll get fitting them next Sunday along with the rest of the replacement parts on the front interior.

IMG_20140128_163210_zpsihncrusb.jpg

• Like 1

Clive..... as if I would ever word something like that, I am shocked :P

• Like 1

Update:

Got home from work and there was a post missed delivery leaflet in the hall,

Much like Charlie with his golden ticket in Willywonka, I drove to those local post office depot

To my surprise it was of course the replacement air vents that had been dispatched yesterday,

Clever using a milk bottle top to protect a pertruding clip :)

Thankfully all arrived 100% condition

25 Euro for all three,

Here they are:

IMG_20140128_162800_zpsgtrt838_edit_1390

IMG_20140128_162750_zpsaxtfdim_edit_1390

IMG_20140128_162806_zpssndgnpd_edit_1390

Now here's the old vents as they were in the car.

IMG_20140128_163242_zpsjxcffsq_edit_1390

Here's the replacement vents :D well pleased

IMG_20140128_163210_zpsihncrusb.jpg

Not as pleased as the missus tho Lenny, Vicki will be giving you a pat on the head lol.

its only 6 oclock if your quick you might get them in tonight :D

• Like 1

Not as pleased as the missus tho Lenny, Vicki will be giving you a pat on the head lol.

its only 6 oclock if your quick you might get them in tonight  :D

nah it's too dark now mate, it was a 5 hour job to get them out so to speak ;)

Had to remove passengers airbag and drivers fusebox etc. Need a full day and daylight too, they screw in to the rear of the dash too just to be super difficult.

I'm taking a few days off working on the car, going to work on getting somthing else in tonite instead gigetty ^_^

• Like 2

nah it's too dark now mate, it was a 5 hour job to get them out so to speak ;)

Had to remove passengers airbag and drivers fusebox etc. Need a full day and daylight too, they screw in to the rear of the dash too just to be super difficult.

I'm taking a few days off working on the car, going to work on getting somthing else in tonite instead gigetty ^_^

Aye sometimes you need the light to see what you are doing but sometimes you find yourself in certain positions where no amount of light helps, normally dashes lol :P

• Like 1

Aye sometimes you need the light to see what you are doing but sometimes you find yourself in certain positions where no amount of light helps, normally dashes lol :P

+1 mate,

Then see the ring holes on the vents, each one of them is a 20mm M6 Philips head screw going through the hole and in to the dash,

Try lining up the vent,

Hold it in that position,

Align the Philips head screw,

And screw it in to place.

All blindfold as its all under the dash, lots of eye squinting, eye rolling and of course lip licking while feeling around trying to get it all together :p

That needs doing a total of 7 times to complete, then hold up the passenger airbag and bolt it tight hoping it doesn't go off on ya lol

This job of changing vents on the Levin is as tricky as fitting an ST pod to a focus.

• Like 1

Pmsl. ...durty knobs the both of ye. ..easily know neither of ye are getting any

• Like 1

Ever seen a airbag go off Lenny, I used to work at a place that made them so be careful mate and take note of below

​NEVER PLUG OR UNPLUG AIRBAGS OR MODULES WITHOUT THE battery DISCONNECTED... EVER

Also leave for 30 minutes with a light switch or something on to make sure system is totally discharged

Even then cringe lol

Pmsl. ...durty knobs the both of ye. ..easily know neither of ye are getting any

Don't be so sure princess ;)

Go polish the pink one you have in the sock drawer

• Like 3

Excuse me VickiC speak for yourself, we are talking blokey car talk here :P

• Like 1

Ever seen a airbag go off Lenny, I used to work at a place that made them so be careful mate and take note of below

​NEVER PLUG OR UNPLUG AIRBAGS OR MODULES WITHOUT THE BATTERY DISCONNECTED... EVER

Also leave for 30 minutes with a light switch or something on to make sure system is totally discharged 

Even then cringe lol

Thanks mate,

Seems I was lucky lol I unplugged it from the loom with the stereo on and engine running whoooohhh!! Close one bro :blink:

Excuse me VickiC speak for yourself, we are talking blokey car talk here  :P

Yeah...

So there....

• Like 1

Haha. ...what did ye warn him for George that would have been great pic! !!!!!!!

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club