Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Silver Steering Wheel Trim, 2011 Zetec Mk3

davefc

Has anybody else come across the poor trim quality in the mk3 Focus. As i hope you can see from the attached pics the silver ? is beginning to chip away leaving a very sharp edge which i have cut myself on. The only way to stop this happening again would be to stick some tape or similar over this. It begs the question what these silver trim will look like in a number of years when normal ware and tare happens. It will become very shabby.

Anybody have any suggestions how to stop this happening?

post-35413-0-44722100-1385651251_thumb.j

post-35413-0-24788900-1385651264_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

hi all just called into my local dealer Gordan's of Bolton .i explained that i had this issue regarding my steering wheel.and the guy booked me in but he said that if on the trim of the wheel he said the trim is only covered under the warranty for a year so is this classed as trim ???

I had this problem on my old focus, was very annoying, pointed out when gave the car back in and the dealer said that's fine and will get it changed (i got the impression he had seen before and was not a very expensive or hard issue to resolve. Have you guys tried the dealer and what was the responses?

well got the car back from the dealers yesterday. they told me the trim is only covered for one year on the warranty. and to change it that would mean to change the airbag wich would cost over £200 so it looks like a bit of silver nail polish will have to do

You may as well give the cover I posted above, it's only a tenner and if it's no good it's not the end of the world!

Rossbclarke123, this cover has no holes for the 2 controls on the steering wheel. Chances are that in making the holes yourself you would cause more damage than i currently have. Thanks anyway

• 8 years later...

resurrecting a very old thread here .... the silver bezel plastic trim coating on my Titanium airbag unit is peeling away on the top edge above the wheel buttons and ive caught it a couple of times and drawn blood!!!. Is this bezel trim piece just glued onto the module unit as there are replacement parts available off eBay nowadays?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club