Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr

n1xsta

II cant say for definite that the 01 has an EGR, so I am afraid I cant help but hopefully someone more knowledgeable can!

How do I get to the egr valve on ford Mondeo tddi mk3 2001

It depends if it has a front or rear EGR valve - you really need to post pictures

• 3 weeks later...

I had reason to take mine off a month ago. It is at the back of the engine on the right (standing at the front and looking into the bay). A bit of a bugger, but just watch out for the bolts and hose clips as they take on a life of their own jumping and slipping into places they shouldn't go. It's do-able, 8mm ring spanner is required.

You don't say why you need to find it. I did because of the symptoms - hunting under load and black smoke from the exhaust. I was advised to clean or replace the egr valve (my 2.0 TDDI has done 117,000miles, so fair enough. When I removed the valve it was clean-ish, more dusty black than sticky. Further investigation showed a split hose, the fat short one from the intercooler to the lower end of the metal pipe section. I've repaired it temporarily, still holding. The stealers want £90 for a new one, but I have just found a place in Swadlingcote, Derbys., that makes these in silicon and kevlar for £30, just can't find them again. Here are others that I've found:

partsgateway.co.uk

sfsperformance.co.uk

viperperformance.co.uk

These last two are silicon manufacturers, not sure about the kevlar, but Viper give a lifetime warranty!!

Hope this helps you and or anyone else with similar problems.

I had reason to take mine off a month ago. It is at the back of the engine on the right (standing at the front and looking into the bay). A bit of a bugger, but just watch out for the bolts and hose clips as they take on a life of their own jumping and slipping into places they shouldn't go. It's do-able, 8mm ring spanner is required.

You don't say why you need to find it. I did because of the symptoms - hunting under load and black smoke from the exhaust. I was advised to clean or replace the egr valve (my 2.0 TDDI has done 117,000miles, so fair enough. When I removed the valve it was clean-ish, more dusty black than sticky. Further investigation showed a split hose, the fat short one from the intercooler to the lower end of the metal pipe section. I've repaired it temporarily, still holding. The stealers want £90 for a new one, but I have just found a place in Swadlingcote, Derbys., that makes these in silicon and kevlar for £30, just can't find them again. Here are others that I've found:

partsgateway.co.uk

sfsperformance.co.uk

viperperformance.co.uk

These last two are silicon manufacturers, not sure about the kevlar, but Viper give a lifetime warranty!!

Hope this helps you and or anyone else with similar problems.

Thanks for you input

Some Mondeo Mk3 TDDIs (and early TDCIs) have front EGR valves and some have rear EGR valves, the 2 designs are completely different and the boost hoses are not interchangable

All Mondeo Mk3 TDDIs (and early TDCIs) are Euro3 emmision compliant - that means you can fit a solid EGR blanking plate without any problems (like an EML (engine management light) coming on) - this is recommended

Wiith the solid (stainless steel is best) blanking plate fitted there is no need to replace or clean you EGR valve, only where the air runs through the hoses, inlet manifold etc, and on high milage vehicles, the intercooler

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club